+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Ardley in or out?

Don't rate Ardley, but think he's here for this season at least. Come April, I think a play-off berth is minimum for him not to get sacked.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    I'm still 'In', because a couple of decent results will get us back on track and I've got no desire to see another manager depart, but likewise a couple more poor results and he will probably be in trouble.
    In, for the same reason as jackal and Mark Ross

Most would have taken mid table at the start of the season, and I still think we will make the play offs so in for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Observerpie View Post
    There seems to be more people turning against Ardley hence the question again.

I'm leaning towards out but not 100% there as yet.
    Out for me. Would have let him go after the way we were pathetically relegated without any fight whatsoever. His results and performances have been rubbish.

Honestly can't fathom why he is given so much patience.. one of the worst managers we've had.

If you had got out of bed at 5-30am, spent £75 on ticket + travel + lunch + "refreshments", raining all day, CHUCKING it down all match, sat in an appalling run down stadium getting wet through whilst Ardley sat in the dugout 85% of the game, and watched that rubbish, then getting home at 9-30pm, wet through, it would be out for me.

Still in and hoping this is just a blip. Back to winning ways on Tuesday and things will seem better.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Still in and hoping this is just a blip. Back to winning ways on Tuesday and things will seem better.
    Out and it feels like a 13 month blip with him in charge.

He seems to have the media in the palm of his hands so thats half the battle won for him.

He will be around for a while yet at the moment the crowds arent bad but they will soon drop off and its very hard to get fans back especially when we are stuck in this awful league.

In, for similar reasons to previous posters. I see failure this season as not reaching the playoffs.

We are currently a long way off that, it was only a few games ago and things were looking rosy and everything was on a slow but steady upward trajectory.

It hasn't been since then clearly, it's been poor, but far too early to be changing the manager, yet again.

Bored of that approach.

He's a man out of his depth in managing a football team, more incapable even than Ince or Fullarton. I imagine when he leaves us he will be on nobody's wanted list and be unemployed in football longer than any of our managers since Churchill smoked Woodbines. Hardy could certainly pick 'em, couldn't he? Without the natural ability of our forward players and SOME defenders we would be in the lower quarter of this league. His expertise in melding a squad of footballers into a coherent team capable of consistent good football is non-existent. While he is here Notts County's performances will continually frustrate a loyal following deserving of better times.

Another Ardley in out fred. Just what is required! Still in for me but the motivation of the team remains suspect. As others have said couple of good results and we will remain in with a shout. If we dont make the play offs this year he needs to go. That is my line in the sand.

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast