+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Ardley in or out?

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    In, for similar reasons to previous posters. I see failure this season as not reaching the playoffs.

We are currently a long way off that, it was only a few games ago and things were looking rosy and everything was on a slow but steady upward trajectory.

It hasn't been since then clearly, it's been poor, but far too early to be changing the manager, yet again.

Bored of that approach.
    A long way off? Perhaps with the way that we've played over the last few games, but facts are that we are 4 points off the play-offs, only 4 teams have scored more and only 1 team conceded less.

So it's in for me although I do agree that the minimum for this season is to reach the play-offs based on the squad we have.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Another Ardley in out fred. Just what is required! Still in for me but the motivation of the team remains suspect. As others have said couple of good results and we will remain in with a shout. If we dont make the play offs this year he needs to go. That is my line in the sand.
    The fact we keep having these discussions shows that many fans remain unconvinced by Ardley as a manager. Just when we thought we'd found some momentum, we have stalled again - 16th in the form table over the last six games is poor when you see the teams we've played in that time. The most worrying thing is that he doesn't sound like he has a clue how to solve the problem. It's hard not to laugh when the most mild-sounding man in the world tells you how angry he is after a rubbish performance, yet sounds like he's reciting a train timetable.

I'm still Ardley in. BUT, if things don't improve over the next month and we're not closing the gap to the top three by the end of December, I'd be hoping that the owners would be lining up a replacement for the new year.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    A long way off? Perhaps with the way that we've played over the last few games, but facts are that we are 4 points off the play-offs, only 4 teams have scored more and only 1 team conceded less.

So it's in for me although I do agree that the minimum for this season is to reach the play-offs based on the squad we have.
    Sorry magpie_mania I mislead you , i meant a long way off failing to get the play offs.

We need to get somewhere close to failing before we pull the trigger yet again.

... you 'out' mob really are a spineless bunch. Two defeats in a row and you're wetting yourselves like two year olds.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    ... you 'out' mob really are a spineless bunch. Two defeats in a row and you're wetting yourselves like two year olds.
    Urgh. It's not really about the last two games is it? He has one of the worst records of any Notts boss and is tactically out thought most weeks. We are being made to look inept by some shocking teams.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    Its not just two defeats though its his set up and team selections.

IMO he plays boring football and after being smashed at home last week he keeps the same 11.

Whats the betting a nearly 40 year old man will keep his place AGAIN whilst talented young players are shipped out.

The bloke is a loser and we are going to be stuck with him this season and god help us if he is still here in August 2020

He should have gone at the end of last season.

But since that boat has sailed, and we are neither going to go up nor down, there is probably little point in changing.

That said I have absolutely no confidence that Ardley is capable of getting us promoted given a decade to do so and even signing 100+ players.

After a few awful results there is always a backlash, and when you’ve suffered the ****e served up lately it’s hardly surprising.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    Its not just two defeats though its his set up and team selections.

IMO he plays boring football and after being smashed at home last week he keeps the same 11.

Whats the betting a nearly 40 year old man will keep his place AGAIN whilst talented young players are shipped out.

The bloke is a loser and we are going to be stuck with him this season and god help us if he is still here in August 2020
    Basically this as above and also below
    I would change my mind if we were to play and beat the top teams in this league.
    Instead of rolling over mid table fodder (sometimes) that keeps us treading water.
    He seems to be out thought by opposition mangers.
    He has brought Two teams since he has been hear one took us down the other is mid table.
    He could have easily tried to implement some kind of youth policy but has a preference for going out and signing older players.
    This is fine , but it hasn't and isn't working so its time to fall on his sword.
    I'm sure they have a stats App for managers so lets put this to the test.
    I think if NA goes now, the next manager has time to prep for a possibly play off place or get stuff in place for next season.
    NB
    I would love NA to get it right , but after a year of doing the same thing (with two sides he's built) we are still doing nothing of note !.

A few more weeks for me. Of course its all academic if the owners are happy he's safe.
    He's a great ambassador for any club but far to negative for his own good.
    I said last year that he's more interested in keeping clean sheets than going all out for wins.
    It will be his downfall if he doesn't change and he won't I'm afraid.

In

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast