+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: Ardley in or out?

Barrow were possibly the best organised, most ruthless, most efficient team I've seen visit Meadow Lane in several seasons of watching League, One, League two and National League opposition. I was amazed how good they were on the day.

Although the defeat at Chesterfield was annoying, I think it was Barrow who knocked the stuffing and belief out of this Notts team, to the point where they now don't believe in themselves even to outplay the likes of Sutton and Boreham Wood.

Our players are quite right to recognise that we weren't anywhere near as good as Barrow, and that's the standard we need to aim for, but neither are we as bad as we managed to make ourselves look yesterday. Confidence is such a big factor in all of this.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Barrow were by far the best team I’ve seen at this level this season, but what they also were was incredibly annoying to play against.

Always a good sign when you’re successfully winding up the opposition.
    Exactly. They were everything we are not - dangerous, organised, ruthless, and a bit nasty. They were horrible to play against, and not just because they won.

We, on the other hand, are simply too nice. No team will fear playing us. This niceness stems from the manager, who is clearly a nice guy but apparently not a ruthless winner.

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021