+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Scottish Cup 4th round draw tonight

Our game will have to be moved cos TBSITC are at home to Motherwell.

Difficult tie but will be a good test for the lads, I’d expect Hibs will bring a pretty decent support so should make for a cracking atmosphere at Tannadice.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Cannie believe they said that Partick Thistle v Celtic was the tie of the round!.Bottom of the Championship v a team that has won every domestic trophy for years.
    Remember Scottish fitba only revolves around Glasgow.

Witness the spirit of the year 1910,
    when the Dees run oot against the Steelmen,
    in the AuldHunStand much noise will be made,
    hoping and praying for a Vicky Rd parade.

League wrapped up and visit to hampden will do nicely. Home tie to Hibs will see where we are in January. Could be worse could be a funster wee no a snowballs chance in hell!!

Should be a good cup-tie, big crowd. Who knows what Hibs will be like by then, presume Ross will be looking to bring in players first chance he gets. Good test for us.

I know a lot of our fans love an away day but this is exactly the sort of tie I wanted. A great chance to test ourselves against a Prem side, great for the players and the fans. It's a win/win because if we go out we don't have any distractions from the league.
    If we win, we'll have taken a Premiership scalp and fear no one in the next round.

Quote Originally Posted by cybershed View Post
    Home to Hibs?

Absolute cracking tie. United fans will show up in good numbers and Hibs will bring a decent crowd.

I know our priority is the title of the championship, but I feel we should be giving this tournament almost equal status this year. Not that I think we will win the cup. But a wee run in the SC coming up against premiership sides in highly competitive games will test us and show up our strengths and weaknesses. Giving us a good indication of what needs to be addressed in the devt side.

Besides, we need to re-establish ourselves as a good cup side. This is a side of us that is one of our 'trademarks'. Since the debacle of losing to StJ. (sorry to mention that) we have done hee haw in cup competitions.

I take your point but it's been more since relegation, we got to the league cup final right after that cup final loss, beating Dundee, Hibs and Aberdeen on route a even in our relegation season had a very enjoyable run to Semi at Hampden, only losing to hibs on pens after a 0-0 aet, the standout being Dingwall in the qf what an away day that was, bedlam in our end when scored to win 3-2 with ten men

Still this isn't the best tie to get if looking to have a run, we are underdogs with the attacking players they have although we have a chance if play to put best, it's a good one from a crowd and atmosphere standpoint

Same set up as play offs and ict cup game hopefully with the shed sold to utd fans section at a time, no longer should we give teams with a decent support that boost of fans behind the goal

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Cannie believe they said that Partick Thistle v Celtic was the tie of the round!.Bottom of the Championship v a team that has won every domestic trophy for years.
    weegie bias as usual G

Quote Originally Posted by ranaldarab View Post
    Should be a good cup-tie, big crowd. Who knows what Hibs will be like by then, presume Ross will be looking to bring in players first chance he gets. Good test for us.
    I would love to see the club reduce prices and look to sell out most of Tannadice to United fans. Probably Hibs agreement here. But surely they wouldn't be against playing in a full house with a good away support in the JMcL stand.

Anyhow, whatever they do, this game is an attractive fixture and the crowd will be decent. I'd love to see a full house tho.

Be nice to see how Shanks & Co perform in this context. The priority is the league, so we have nothing to lose. We can really bo for the throat in this tie. Also, the current players/team will all be up for showing that they can compete and win against premier league opposition.

The more I think about this game, the more intriguing a fixture it appears. I would say that it is definately the tie of the round.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)