+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hiya folks....

Hiya folks....

Hello there.... it feels like an eternity since I was last on here and yes, I am still alive .... the year has flown by & I've been dealing with this & that.... how's everyone been - all behaving & treating each other nicely

Quote Originally Posted by t_bird7982 View Post
    Hello there.... it feels like an eternity since I was last on here and yes, I am still alive .... the year has flown by & I've been dealing with this & that.... how's everyone been - all behaving & treating each other nicely

Man that’s great to hear from you mate

Hope things are going okay and not too rough?

Cheers mate...MOT

Quote Originally Posted by george_kaplan View Post
    Man that’s great to hear from you mate

Hope things are going okay and not too rough?

Cheers mate...MOT
    Hiya mate..... good to see some names are still floating around

I've done the usual chemo & radiation sessions etc etc... time is ticking by but it appears that I might outlive the 12 month life expectancy I was given at the beginning of the year.... it has unfortunately spread & there is no cure for this type of cancer (mesothelioma) & death is the only outcome & it's not "if", it's "when". The year's been hectic but I still managed to get to Perth & Sydney with my sons for their "once-in-their-life" trip to see their old man's beloved Leeds live albeit pre-season games..... it was well worth dying for, literally The year's flown & I've been spending time with my sons, grandchildren, family and close friends & of course hoping Bamford will start putting them away for fun before I bugger off . I thought I'd come back on here & see what's happening

Quote Originally Posted by t_bird7982 View Post
    Hiya mate..... good to see some names are still floating around

I've done the usual chemo & radiation sessions etc etc... time is ticking by but it appears that I might outlive the 12 month life expectancy I was given at the beginning of the year.... it has unfortunately spread & there is no cure for this type of cancer (mesothelioma) & death is the only outcome & it's not "if", it's "when". The year's been hectic but I still managed to get to Perth & Sydney with my sons for their "once-in-their-life" trip to see their old man's beloved Leeds live albeit pre-season games..... it was well worth dying for, literally The year's flown & I've been spending time with my sons, grandchildren, family and close friends & of course hoping Bamford will start putting them away for fun before I bugger off . I thought I'd come back on here & see what's happening
    Always nice to get a kick out of a Leeds win...but this has just made my weekend! Good on you buddy. Great to see you are battling strongly, and still enjoy the Leeds performances. Thoughts are with you, and stay in touch with everyone here.
    Feck that is great to hear from you mate!.....
    Last edited by Ozwhites; 24-11-2019 at 08:15 AM.

Every single one of us on here and the few who ‘drop’ by will be chuffed to bits mate with your thread and response, like Oz has said its great for our win but to hear from you mate blows me away. Cheers T bird.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozwhites View Post
    Always nice to get a kick out of a Leeds win...but this has just made my weekend! Good on you buddy. Great to see you are battling strongly, and still enjoy the Leeds performances. Thoughts are with you, and stay in touch with everyone here.
    Feck that is great to hear from you mate!.....
    Cheers.... I sometimes think Leeds are trying to kill me off with a bloody heart attack with some of their "squeaky bum" games (like today's game against Luton) before the cancer does

Quote Originally Posted by george_kaplan View Post
    Every single one of us on here and the few who ‘drop’ by will be chuffed to bits mate with your thread and response, like Oz has said its great for our win but to hear from you mate blows me away. Cheers T bird.
    Cheers.... trust me when I say "It's good to be alive!!"

Great to hear from you,it's been far too long.. Sincerely hope For you than Dirty Leeds get promoted this season mate.. Hang in there and take care Alf..

Not had any correspondence with you personally as I've only been on here a couple of seasons, but God I admire your bravery and positivity, battle on mate and I pray that Leeds make the premiership if for anyone's sake ...yours!...mot!

Nice on T-Bird.....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)