+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Fgr

Fgr

One of those 1-0 games last season. We never looked like scoring. How about 1-1 for tomorrow.

Anybody else??

A draw

Score?

0-0

I was at the game and Crewe had control of the first half with 70% or more of the possession. Even though both sides could have scored 2 goals each. In the second half FGR came more into the game but were always playing safe. I feel Crewe should have attacked more as two of their defenders had been booked and needed pressure to be put onto them as the ref who had a good game was spotting most fouls. I would have taken Porter off as his legs had gone early on and replaced him with Chuma Anene. Porter did not get taken off till 75 minutes plus had gone. Kirk was in and out of the game and made way for Powell who battled hard but was not on the same wave length as the younger players. I cannot understand why Lowery was taken off for James as he was constantly running around causing FGR problems. If Wintles shot had gone in rather than hitting the post we would have had all 3 points but to be fair they should have scored in the second half and it was only for a good block by NG stopped them. Overall a fair result but I feel our management team missed a trick by bringing on our subs to late in the game. The ref has a history of giving red cards this season and they should have targeted the two defenders on yellow cards, second clean sheet so a positive to take into the next game.