+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: How do you intend to vote at the General election?

Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
Page 17 of 40 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: OT Poll - How do you intend to vote at the General election?

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Will be an interesting debate tonight. Corbyn is on the front foot I think with today's leaked document on Brexit. Johnson has clearly in the past made statements totally at odds with it.

Corbyn has to do 2 things. He has to show that Johnson shouldn't be PM but also that he is more than capable to do the job. However, regarding the first, whatever Johnson does or says I think he will have huge support based on leaving the EU. So many seem willing to overlook anything he does or says, Brexit is the only thing that matters. Regarding the second point, I don't think he'll convince people that he's capable, because he isn't!

What a mess, haven't made up my mind yet where to put my X

Tory? Don't like the leader and am afraid of what policies they will introduce after probably winning based on Brexit alone.

Labour? The more natural one for me, but I don't have confidence in the Leader and would really not want to vote for the local candidate.

Lib-Dem? No thanks, local candidate better but overall, no.

Green? No.

So what do I do? Looks like a vote for the least worse out of the 4.
    That's interesting MM and I think these are the kind of dilemma's many voters will be facing next week. For me I just want a majority winner because we desperately need a government that has the power to make decisions and implement policies etc without challenge. Yes, some will be bad, some slightly better but another hung parliament will in my view continue to hinder the country with regards to getting on with business both from an economic and social perspective.

With this in mind I will no doubt place my cross slightly right of centre, not that it will make any difference though considering Nottingham South is one of the safest Labour seats in the East Midlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Skatorna View Post
    I am struggling to think of a single openly right wing comedian on the tele!
    Boris Johnson.

Are you serious? Comedians DON'T stick it to the Tories? Seriously what channel are you watching? The only way I have managed to escape the unfunny activism, sorry, "comedy" of the Left is the fringes of youtube (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEr...mG0wzGV2gxg7jw Comedy Unleashed is the best for non-left wing comedy). Not a Nish Kumar, Eddie Izzard (who's fall from genius to psychopath is in of itself both hilarious but depressing), Marcus Brigstocke, Andy Parsons, Russell Howard et al in sight. I am struggling to think of a single openly right wing comedian on the tele!

Sheer lunacy.
    I actually agree with this and I think it's one of the reasons for the political climate we find ourselves in of people vs the elite.

Rather than being a question of censorship and political correctness (although that is a factor) I think it's just a question of inequality working against 'normal people' in certain industries.

To get on TV as a comedian or in any other capacity you basically have to have rich parents who can pay your rent in London while you work as an unpaid intern for a couple of years and work your way up. Being sent to a private school helps too because your schoolmates will end up as TV producers so you have a network of ready made connections.

These people almost always come from middle class families with a liberal outlook, are university educated and so on. Therefore the only views that get broadcast are of the liberal elite. (I'm over simplifying but you get the point).

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    I actually agree with this and I think it's one of the reasons for the political climate we find ourselves in of people vs the elite.

Rather than being a question of censorship and political correctness (although that is a factor) I think it's just a question of inequality working against 'normal people' in certain industries.

To get on TV as a comedian or in any other capacity you basically have to have rich parents who can pay your rent in London while you work as an unpaid intern for a couple of years and work your way up. Being sent to a private school helps too because your schoolmates will end up as TV producers so you have a network of ready made connections.

These people almost always come from middle class families with a liberal outlook, are university educated and so on. Therefore the only views that get broadcast are of the liberal elite. (I'm over simplifying but you get the point).
    Stop it, I'm not used to agreeing with every word you say.

Are you serious? Comedians DON'T stick it to the Tories? Seriously what channel are you watching? The only way I have managed to escape the unfunny activism, sorry, "comedy" of the Left is the fringes of youtube (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEr...mG0wzGV2gxg7jw Comedy Unleashed is the best for non-left wing comedy). Not a Nish Kumar, Eddie Izzard (who's fall from genius to psychopath is in of itself both hilarious but depressing), Marcus Brigstocke, Andy Parsons, Russell Howard et al in sight. I am struggling to think of a single openly right wing comedian on the tele!

Sheer lunacy.
    Ah right wing comedy. Not heard of that since Bernard Manning snuffed it. Though I don’t know whether you’d call him particularly right wing or political. Can’t think of anyone else.

There’s that Titania McGrath account on Twitter as well. I bet the person who does that is a hoot at parties.

I thought most people are saying that it's the other way round, that the BBC are all remainers and anti Tory.
    Well that's like Trump slamming 'the media' even when they played a key role in getting him elected with years of blanket coverage (way more than other candidates combined). It's just a smokescreen.

What I see with the BBC is news leads and correspondents continually making jibes against the labour leadership, endless trips to Stoke for vox pops with leavers, presidential-style coverage being given to Johnson even when he'd resigned and was just a back-bencher, and the list goes on and on.
    Let's see if this Neil interview happens, it's getting such a big build up as a trial that Johnson should face, setting him up to come through shining on the other side.

Anyway, we all know the main threats to the BBC's existence come from the right. It's no wonder they're running scared and shaping their content to keep them off its back.

What have you to fear? Do you think there's a chance that we'd vote to remain? Surely not!

I fear Boris 'running scared' Johnson. Why won't be appear with Andrew Neil (or Julie Etchingham)? If he wants the role of PM he has the responsibility of being open to scrutiny. He even knows now what the questions will be.

Day by day I fear increasingly that we're getting Trump 2.
    Sorry the scaredy cat remarks don't work, we had our once in a lifetime referendum even if you don't like the result.
    But maybe you will get your way if comrade Jeremy wins or we get a ramshackle government made up of the odd balls if we get a hung parliament.

Sheer lunacy.
    Ditto

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Ah right wing comedy. Not heard of that since Bernard Manning snuffed it. Though I don’t know whether you’d call him particularly right wing or political. Can’t think of anyone else.

There’s that Titania McGrath account on Twitter as well. I bet the person who does that is a hoot at parties.
    Andrew Doyle does Titania. He just toured with Tom Walker and was the co-writer of "Jonathon Pie". He's actually left wing - just is able to laugh at the ridiculousness of of the middle-class left wing identity politics types.

There are plenty who exist who have spoken about their frustration of political vetting and censoriousness within the industry; Leo Kearse, Alistair Williams, Konstantin Kisin, Graham Norcott (finally made a breakthrough this year as the BBC have realised their their stand-up comedy show viewing figures are at record lows).

Sheer lunacy.
    Geoff Norcott is the only one I can think of but I've not seen him on TV for a while.

Has anyone seen Kumar's attempt at 'comedy' at the Lord's Taverners do? He went down like a rattlesnake in a lucky dip - someone threw a bread roll at him.
    That was the funniest bit.

The only laugh was had by the idiot who booked him in the first place.

Page 17 of 40 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast