+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: How do you intend to vote at the General election?

Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
Page 18 of 40 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: OT Poll - How do you intend to vote at the General election?

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Sorry the scaredy cat remarks don't work.
    So do you seriously think that Johnson isn't running away from an interview with Andrew Neil? Of course he is, he's scared stiff. Neil has challenged him to an interview, and even told him the format:

"It is not too late. We have an interview prepared. Oven-ready, as Mr Johnson likes to say," he said, in a monologue. "The theme running through our questions is trust - and why at so many times in his career, in politics and journalism, critics and sometimes even those close to him have deemed him to be untrustworthy. It is, of course, relevant to what he is promising us all now."

Johnson knows that if the truth comes out it will cost him votes, so he is indeed hiding like a scared cat.

Quote Originally Posted by dam617 View Post
    Geoff Norcott is the only one I can think of but I've not seen him on TV for a while.

Has anyone seen Kumar's attempt at 'comedy' at the Lord's Taverners do? He went down like a rattlesnake in a lucky dip - someone threw a bread roll at him.
    That was the funniest bit.

The only laugh was had by the idiot who booked him in the first place.
    Kumar summed up his crappy hypocritical brand of "comedy" that night.

"None of you won the Second World War, you weren't even born and can't live without your iPhone, you didn't win it"

"I should have known that I wouldn't get accepted in a room of people who's ancestors colonised and annexed my country"

So essentially - you are not responsible for the best of your ancestors as you weren't alive and can't claim it; but you are all responsible for the worst of your ancestors even though you weren't alive and you should apologise. And that was supposed to be him telling jokes. He said it himself, he wanted to "start a conversation" and then called a member of the audience a dickhead when they heckled him and asked for him to just tell jokes. He wasn't there to do comedy, he was there to preach and start conversations

Quote Originally Posted by Skatorna View Post
    Kumar summed up his crappy hypocritical brand of "comedy" that night.

"None of you won the Second World War, you weren't even born and can't live without your iPhone, you didn't win it"

"I should have known that I wouldn't get accepted in a room of people who's ancestors colonised and annexed my country"

So essentially - you are not responsible for the best of your ancestors as you weren't alive and can't claim it; but you are all responsible for the worst of your ancestors even though you weren't alive and you should apologise. And that was supposed to be him telling jokes. He said it himself, he wanted to "start a conversation" and then called a member of the audience a dickhead when they heckled him and asked for him to just tell jokes. He wasn't there to do comedy, he was there to preach and start conversations
    Hypocritical springs to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    So do you seriously think that Johnson isn't running away from an interview with Andrew Neil? Of course he is, he's scared stiff. Neil has challenged him to an interview, and even told him the format:

"It is not too late. We have an interview prepared. Oven-ready, as Mr Johnson likes to say," he said, in a monologue. "The theme running through our questions is trust - and why at so many times in his career, in politics and journalism, critics and sometimes even those close to him have deemed him to be untrustworthy. It is, of course, relevant to what he is promising us all now."

Johnson knows that if the truth comes out it will cost him votes, so he is indeed hiding like a scared cat.
    My post was aimed at magpie mania and his 2nd referendum remarks.
    But regarding your post about Johnson I totally agree with you he is running scared that is why non of the above will go down on my ballot paper.
    I have got to the point where I couldn't care less who wins, I just hope someone has a majority and not a hung parliament and the chaos that brings.

Quote Originally Posted by Skatorna View Post
    Are you serious? Comedians DON'T stick it to the Tories? Seriously what channel are you watching? The only way I have managed to escape the unfunny activism, sorry, "comedy" of the Left is the fringes of youtube (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEr...mG0wzGV2gxg7jw Comedy Unleashed is the best for non-left wing comedy). Not a Nish Kumar, Eddie Izzard (who's fall from genius to psychopath is in of itself both hilarious but depressing), Marcus Brigstocke, Andy Parsons, Russell Howard et al in sight. I am struggling to think of a single openly right wing comedian on the tele!

Sheer lunacy.
    There's a new right wing comedian coming through called Boris Johnson - he'll be around for the next few years. You heard it first here.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    My post was aimed at magpie mania and his 2nd referendum remarks.
    But regarding your post about Johnson I totally agree with you he is running scared that is why non of the above will go down on my ballot paper.
    I have got to the point where I couldn't care less who wins, I just hope someone has a majority and not a hung parliament and the chaos that brings.
    What 2nd referendum remarks? I said that I was not in favour and thought we should get out, even though I voted remain. But now I am coming round to the idea of a 2nd referendum, based on the evidence now available. What have we come to when a PM can say whatever is best at the time, truth or lie, knowing that he'll get the votes anyway because he says 'Let's get Brexit done'.

So Labour are planning on allowing EU nationals living in the UK and 16-17 years olds a vote in their so called 2nd referendum. Talk about weighting it to one side!

Also so if by some strange chance there's a hung parliament who would become PM? Corbyn would have to agree to a Scottish independence referendum in 2020 in order to get their support. Then what happens if they gain their independence which would mean they can no longer take their seats in the UK parliament. Labour would then have a minority government and another election next year

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Well that's like Trump slamming 'the media' even when they played a key role in getting him elected with years of blanket coverage (way more than other candidates combined). It's just a smokescreen.

What I see with the BBC is news leads and correspondents continually making jibes against the labour leadership, endless trips to Stoke for vox pops with leavers, presidential-style coverage being given to Johnson even when he'd resigned and was just a back-bencher, and the list goes on and on.
    Let's see if this Neil interview happens, it's getting such a big build up as a trial that Johnson should face, setting him up to come through shining on the other side.

Anyway, we all know the main threats to the BBC's existence come from the right. It's no wonder they're running scared and shaping their content to keep them off its back.
    Totally agree. The BBC sucking up to the extreme wing of the Tory party is like a zebra asking the lion if he’d be kind enough to not eat him.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Well that's like Trump slamming 'the media' even when they played a key role in getting him elected with years of blanket coverage (way more than other candidates combined). It's just a smokescreen.

What I see with the BBC is news leads and correspondents continually making jibes against the labour leadership, endless trips to Stoke for vox pops with leavers, presidential-style coverage being given to Johnson even when he'd resigned and was just a back-bencher, and the list goes on and on.
    Let's see if this Neil interview happens, it's getting such a big build up as a trial that Johnson should face, setting him up to come through shining on the other side.

Anyway, we all know the main threats to the BBC's existence come from the right. It's no wonder they're running scared and shaping their content to keep them off its back.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Totally agree. The BBC sucking up to the extreme wing of the Tory party is like a zebra asking the lion if he’d be kind enough to not eat him.
    Fancy that.

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    So Labour are planning on allowing EU nationals living in the UK and 16-17 years olds a vote in their so called 2nd referendum. Talk about weighting it to one side!

Also so if by some strange chance there's a hung parliament who would become PM? Corbyn would have to agree to a Scottish independence referendum in 2020 in order to get their support. Then what happens if they gain their independence which would mean they can no longer take their seats in the UK parliament. Labour would then have a minority government and another election next year
    I agree that 16 and 17 year olds should be allowed to vote.

It's already been weighted to one side though. If 16 and 17 year olds would have helped the Brexit cause, don't you think the Tories would have brought that in?

Surely Labour wanting them to have a vote and Tories not letting them is the same?

Page 18 of 40 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast