+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: How do you intend to vote at the General election?

Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
Page 19 of 40 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: OT Poll - How do you intend to vote at the General election?

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Fancy that.
    Good innit Sinbad, if you write something interesting or intelligent you’ll get people agreeing with you.

Give it a try sometime.

Interesting video in regards to the anti-semitism debate. I never bought it before, anti-Zionism is certainly different to anti-semitism, but seeing these Labour activists immediately go full Mel Gibson when they find out some pretty horrible things that Corbyn has put his name to and supported is stomach turning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITCX...A&index=2&t=0s

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Good innit Sinbad, if you write something interesting or intelligent you’ll get people agreeing with you.

Give it a try sometime.
    I have.

Ah right wing comedy. Not heard of that since Bernard Manning snuffed it. Though I don’t know whether you’d call him particularly right wing or political. Can’t think of anyone else.

There’s that Titania McGrath account on Twitter as well. I bet the person who does that is a hoot at parties.
    I love how the Left call anything they don't agree with "right wing" like they own the moral high ground. Some might say Stalin was left wing.

Just heard on the news that the London Bridge attacker has been flown to Pakistan. Calverton tip would have took him.

Give it a try sometime.
    Sorry, nearly forgot .....w@nker.

Quote Originally Posted by Skatorna View Post
    Interesting video in regards to the anti-semitism debate. I never bought it before, anti-Zionism is certainly different to anti-semitism, but seeing these Labour activists immediately go full Mel Gibson when they find out some pretty horrible things that Corbyn has put his name to and supported is stomach turning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITCX...A&index=2&t=0s
    That's a really interesting video. I say that as a Labour voter - we can't shy away from this. What we have here is a microcosm of the problem. I don't think Corbyn himself is antisemitic - in that he has nothing personally against Jewish people and hasn't made any blatantly antisemitic statements. His record over the years supporting the Jewish community is long and clear (there's a list somewhere online of times he's stuck up for Jewish causes), but he has a HUGE blind spot when it comes to endorsing, befriending and championing people that themselves have antisemitic views.

He's not alone though... we ALL do. Who's read a Roald Dahl book? He was antisemitic! Driven a Ford car? Henry Ford - massive antisemite. Coco Chanel, TS Eliot, possibly even Walt Disney (allegedly)... But we forgive those people in a way we wouldn't if they'd had racist views about black people.

I think - and this is something that I'm guilty of too - most people genuinely don't really understand antisemitism in the same way they would innately understand other forms of racism. The tropes permeate right through our culture - have you seen the bank goblins in Harry Potter?? A huge amount of re-education needs to happen and there needs to be a lot more understanding on both sides.

Instead, it's being used as a weapon - no doubt about it - and defensive walls are being put up as accusations are made across the board. I think people on both sides of this need to stop trying to "beat" the other side on this issue as it's actually making antisemitism MORE prolific as people scrabble to deny they are racist and defend things they don't fully understand - Corbyn included. It's a horrible affair but I don't think it makes Corbyn a monster or an antisemite, just pretty naive and lacking in self-awareness. Criticisms you could aim a lot of politicians to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by DomdomPie View Post
    That's a really interesting video. I say that as a Labour voter - we can't shy away from this. What we have here is a microcosm of the problem. I don't think Corbyn himself is antisemitic - in that he has nothing personally against Jewish people and hasn't made any blatantly antisemitic statements. His record over the years supporting the Jewish community is long and clear (there's a list somewhere online of times he's stuck up for Jewish causes), but he has a HUGE blind spot when it comes to endorsing, befriending and championing people that themselves have antisemitic views.

He's not alone though... we ALL do. Who's read a Roald Dahl book? He was antisemitic! Driven a Ford car? Henry Ford - massive antisemite. Coco Chanel, TS Eliot, possibly even Walt Disney (allegedly)... But we forgive those people in a way we wouldn't if they'd had racist views about black people.

I think - and this is something that I'm guilty of too - most people genuinely don't really understand antisemitism in the same way they would innately understand other forms of racism. The tropes permeate right through our culture - have you seen the bank goblins in Harry Potter?? A huge amount of re-education needs to happen and there needs to be a lot more understanding on both sides.

Instead, it's being used as a weapon - no doubt about it - and defensive walls are being put up as accusations are made across the board. I think people on both sides of this need to stop trying to "beat" the other side on this issue as it's actually making antisemitism MORE prolific as people scrabble to deny they are racist and defend things they don't fully understand - Corbyn included. It's a horrible affair but I don't think it makes Corbyn a monster or an antisemite, just pretty naive and lacking in self-awareness. Criticisms you could aim a lot of politicians to be honest.
    I have never read so much b0llox in all my life. Corbyn " His record over the years supporting the Jewish community" Are you on drugs?

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    What 2nd referendum remarks? I said that I was not in favour and thought we should get out, even though I voted remain. But now I am coming round to the idea of a 2nd referendum, based on the evidence now available. What have we come to when a PM can say whatever is best at the time, truth or lie, knowing that he'll get the votes anyway because he says 'Let's get Brexit done'.
    The remarks about you coming round to the idea of a second referendum???
    Try reading your own post?

Give it a try sometime.
    How would you know?

Page 19 of 40 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast