Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
Anyone who defends Labour on here is wasting their breathe. We have a media who have been told to bring up anti-semitism* every (Groundhog) day whilst Boris is given the OK for calling people bank robbers and piccaninnies. And there are vast swathes of miserable old gits who seem bitter and twisted that their lives are ****e and they've achieved nothing. Well try telling the previous generation who had a war to fight!

Some have even taken to running children over on pavements. Thank God I didn't turn to the right as I got older, maybe having younger kids keeps you less bitter. As Sid Vicious said, I've met the man in the street and he's a ****.

* Remember Alexei Sayle? I saw him once at the Theatre Royal, and he was very funny. He said this, it is relevant, he's a Jew.

https://twitter.com/justjewsuk/statu...507904?lang=en
Alexei Sayle is great, one of a generation of comedians that wasn’t afraid to stick it to a Tory government, something that doesn’t seem to happen anymore, or isn’t allowed to. If satire isn’t dead, I certainly haven’t seen it on tv lately.

I’m still hopeful of a surprise at the election, but you’re right, swathes of the population appear to have switched off their critical thinking facilities and have been conned into believing that a privileged old Etonian who’s never done a days work in his life somehow must have their best interests at heart. I’ve got my issues with Corbyn, but I’m 100% certain that he went into politics for the right reasons.