+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: How do you intend to vote at the General election?

Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
Page 15 of 40 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: OT Poll - How do you intend to vote at the General election?

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    Anyone who defends Labour on here is wasting their breathe. We have a media who have been told to bring up anti-semitism* every (Groundhog) day whilst Boris is given the OK for calling people bank robbers and piccaninnies. And there are vast swathes of miserable old gits who seem bitter and twisted that their lives are ****e and they've achieved nothing. Well try telling the previous generation who had a war to fight!

Some have even taken to running children over on pavements. Thank God I didn't turn to the right as I got older, maybe having younger kids keeps you less bitter. As Sid Vicious said, I've met the man in the street and he's a ****.

* Remember Alexei Sayle? I saw him once at the Theatre Royal, and he was very funny. He said this, it is relevant, he's a Jew.

https://twitter.com/justjewsuk/statu...507904?lang=en
    Alexei Sayle is great, one of a generation of comedians that wasn’t afraid to stick it to a Tory government, something that doesn’t seem to happen anymore, or isn’t allowed to. If satire isn’t dead, I certainly haven’t seen it on tv lately.

I’m still hopeful of a surprise at the election, but you’re right, swathes of the population appear to have switched off their critical thinking facilities and have been conned into believing that a privileged old Etonian who’s never done a days work in his life somehow must have their best interests at heart. I’ve got my issues with Corbyn, but I’m 100% certain that he went into politics for the right reasons.

Anyone who defends Labour on here is wasting their breathe. We have a media who have been told to bring up anti-semitism* every (Groundhog) day whilst Boris is given the OK for calling people bank robbers and piccaninnies. And there are vast swathes of miserable old gits who seem bitter and twisted that their lives are ****e and they've achieved nothing. Well try telling the previous generation who had a war to fight!

Some have even taken to running children over on pavements. Thank God I didn't turn to the right as I got older, maybe having younger kids keeps you less bitter. As Sid Vicious said, I've met the man in the street and he's a ****.

* Remember Alexei Sayle? I saw him once at the Theatre Royal, and he was very funny. He said this, it is relevant, he's a Jew.

https://twitter.com/justjewsuk/statu...507904?lang=en
    Remember children - don't drink and type!

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    If that's what you think is the reason people voted to leave the EU then you are one of the gullible ones.
    Not all of them, but I wouldn't be surprised if it convinced 2% of them.

That's all it needed.

Quote Originally Posted by HaylePie View Post
    Remember children - don't drink and type!
    Have you got anything of note to say, or is that the end to your contribution?

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Alexei Sayle is great, one of a generation of comedians that wasn’t afraid to stick it to a Tory government, something that doesn’t seem to happen anymore, or isn’t allowed to. If satire isn’t dead, I certainly haven’t seen it on tv lately.

I’m still hopeful of a surprise at the election, but you’re right, swathes of the population appear to have switched off their critical thinking facilities and have been conned into believing that a privileged old Etonian who’s never done a days work in his life somehow must have their best interests at heart. I’ve got my issues with Corbyn, but I’m 100% certain that he went into politics for the right reasons.
    The leader will never be perfect, and I had far more issues with Blair. I truly believe people are voting against their best interets, but in this climate of fear, who can blame them? Alexei Sayle is at the Nottingham Playhouse in February, btw. I too remember when comedians were the only dissenting voices, now most of the so called alternative ones sound like Jim 'Nick Nick' Davidson. The exceptions are Alexei Sayle and Steve Coogan, who are also the funniest.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post

Alexei has changed his tune though hasn't he -
    'Hello John, got a new motor'?

'Yeah, just bought a Silver Bentley mate.
    You're right, they do drive nice'.

As for 'switching off thinking'.
    I think Johnson's a tw@t but he's never laid a wreath at the grave of terrorists or has a right-hand-man who was, quite probably, a quartermaster for a terrorist group.
    I don't want to vote for Johnson but I'll hold my nose just to keep Magic Grandpa where he belongs - throwing pies from the back of the crowd.

I think you could call it 'the best of a bad bunch'

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Not all of them, but I wouldn't be surprised if it convinced 2% of them.

That's all it needed.
    But don't you think that those 2% were easily outweighed by the ones who were frightened to vote leave by the two most powerful politicians of the day and the governor of the bank of Englands scare stories? I do.

The leader will never be perfect, and I had far more issues with Blair. I truly believe people are voting against their best interests, .
    I agree. I've got nothing against Corbyn at all but it's the policies, values and wider movement that count. Party leaders come and go, so do PMs.

Whatever the outcome of this election, if you want to see change in the UK at least we're better off than we were in 2014 when Thatcher's boast of ''New labour is my greatest achievement'' was almost set in stone. One year of Pfeffel will be enough to see the country turn against him - then they'll see how little their interests matter to the Establishment.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    But don't you think that those 2% were easily outweighed by the ones who were frightened to vote leave by the two most powerful politicians of the day and the governor of the bank of Englands scare stories? I do.
    This is turning into a good argument for another referendum. All the leavers surely have nothing to fear as everything will be rosy when we leave.

I hadn't been in favour of one - although I voted in favour of remain, I thought the best would be to leave after the vote. Now I am coming round to the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    This is turning into a good argument for another referendum. All the leavers surely have nothing to fear as everything will be rosy when we leave.

I hadn't been in favour of one - although I voted in favour of remain, I thought the best would be to leave after the vote. Now I am coming round to the idea.
    Like you say you are a remainer so I would think many of you are or have come round to that way of thinking
    No shock there then.

Page 15 of 40 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast