+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Versus Newcastle

Need a proper number 9 goal poacher for sure. Someone who plays off the shoulder like Vardy or Ageuro. Not sure who we could go for, but do wonder how much Newcastle would want for Gayle

For now he has had his chance. Time for rest and play Koj thru December!

Kodj don't look interested at all mate, he'll be gone in January so with Keinan injured Wes is the only option unless AEG goes up there and we keep it on the deck in the build-up play.

wez just turned 23 the other day. Keep the faith.

Savo Savo!

You dont like Wez do you Dave?

Its fair to say ive lost faith. Its not a matter of liking, when he arrived I was sold the fact we captured a Gem especially having spent 23 million. In anyones book thats a lot of dough. We could have spent half that on bringing Benteke back? I really hope im wrong but the guy just looks a bit of a donkey. Hes not really a goal scorer so what is he. Maybe a punt on Gayle from The Toon?

I really wanted Maupay, who has 4 goals from 11 games, Wes has 4 and an assist from 13. I think the idea is that Wes is a foil so that others can get in and around and score goals. And it's working, we have scored 19 goals, which is as many as man u, and its more than 12 other teams in the league.

I think the days of a big man and little man strike partnership are behind us, and 23m is now (laughably) not a lot of money for strikers. Joelinton, Maupay, Pepe were all big buys for clubs and I think Wes is doing better than them.

Quote Originally Posted by TrianonDave View Post
    Its fair to say ive lost faith. Its not a matter of liking, when he arrived I was sold the fact we captured a Gem especially having spent 23 million. In anyones book thats a lot of dough. We could have spent half that on bringing Benteke back? I really hope im wrong but the guy just looks a bit of a donkey. Hes not really a goal scorer so what is he. Maybe a punt on Gayle from The Toon?
    No..you don't want to do that!

Gayle is excellent in the Championship..his arse falls out in the Prem for some reason.

Wesley is far away from a world beater, but his situation is a lot like Joelintons (although West has generally performed better) they came from weaker leagues playing as support strikers and then expected to be the lone front man in N unforgiving league.

You desreved the win, no doubt.

We have very few plus points, one is our defence...our weakest defender(but not worst player) is Yedlin, and Grealish destroyed him!

Our main attacking outlet is the Saint...who's nice to watch but doesn't produce much...you did a good job of shackling him.

You controlled the midfield but most teams do against us sadly.

It was a good win for you.

But beating us at home doesn't mean anything...you will still be down the bottom of the table (along with us) at the end of the season.

Man U are not the same team they used to be..but I think you'll be brought back to earth tomorrow...

...you won't concede as many goals as we will in 15 mins however!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)