+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Versus Newcastle

Versus Newcastle

Tom Heaton is an equal best signing along with McGinn. Hourihane's inclusion is perfect for set peices, and guess what, 2 goals from set peices.

Come on the Villa! 3rd goal early on would be appreciated

I hate to say I told you so... but Hourihane is worth his place just for what he offers from set pieces, Grealish is a different class. no more blubbing barcodes now please!

Lets hope dave is s bit more optimistic now. Should have been 4-0.
    Fair play to bruce for giving us Mcginn even though I've just sold him.

love seeing Jack in that pushed up position and links up nicely with Conor. Cant help feeling it has a negative impact on Super John though. He was less threatening tonight. Great win though. UTV

mcginn's heads gone

Missed game tonight as im in Italy but reading the comments, sounds like a well deserved 3pts. Connor back, now ive been saying all along we are a better team with him in there and only one winger. 6pts the target to year end.
    Were on our wayyyyy

Fingers crossed Poch isn't appointed man utd boss this week! Old Trafford never gives us a thing, but with Ole in charge, who knows!

Win lose or draw, i do not think old trafford and this manure team are anything to fear. In a strange way, our big guns have all the reasons to play out of theirs skins..

Mings...possible CH partner for McGuire?
    Plus he has to keep up his performances to impress Southgate.
    McGinn...if there is any truth in the rumour, he will want to impress and show utd what they cannot have (yet)
    Jack...played really well last night and needs a big game big performance to convince southgate he is worth a punt in the England midfield.
    Smith...deserves a big win against the odds to convinse the doubters.
    Others to watch
    Targett.. England
    Gilbert....France
    Heaton....England
    Wesley...got to hit the barn door soon
    Luiz Brazil
    Hourihane Ireland
    This is the place to get noticed and time to step up!! The shop window does not get any bigger. Utd looked very leggy v Sheff utd. Our team under smith know one thing, never give up.

Your right we shouldn't fear United. The game could go either way and a win is just a bonus really. Winning games against the likes of Norwich and Newcastle takes the pressure off games like United. From game week 18 we have some really good fixures. In my opinion we look like a top half side with Grealish and a bottom half team without Grealish. Thats my only concern.

Never bought into the "fearing" thing when it comes to the opposition - it's not like Chopper Harris is going to break your legs FFS. Fear is something completely different.

Wes needs to improve an awful lot for me, he's working hard but gets outmuscled far too easily for a big guy and is often looking for the decision when he comes off worse instead of getting on with it and trying to win the ball back. The ref ain't gonna change his mind, makes it too easy for defenders to clear crosses too. Our play is great to watch but quite predictable too and that's why teams crowd us on the edge of the box, thankfully we have the quality to play a killer pass through the line.

Defensively - prone to lapses and that's why we're not getting points against the top teams, Jack is different class in the final third but hangs on to it too much when defending. Centre halves have to be switched on the whole game when playing out from the back - all these things are easily put right which is good news. So come on big Wes - show the world why we paid the wonga!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)