+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bruce

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    Well all managers up to the top 6 must be the same because we quite easily could've been sitting on the same points as.
    The stark reality is we aren't just going to win game after game after game and that's going to come down to many factors, including mistakes and below par football at times.

No matter what, this squad is still a squad that's in transition and it will take time to get every cog working to a level we all know many of these players are capable of.

Yeah we got beat and yeah the first half wasn't the best.
    we still had enough to get something. It just wasn't to be.

I would've been highly gutted if we didn't try but that certainly wasn't the case.
    The difference was Grealish. He ran the show for Villa.
    Now there`s a surprise,................ You seeing it the opposite from the majority on here.

If Rafa was still the boss, you would have slated him for last night and rightly so too, but because it is the yes man to your rotund secret fantasy, it`s OK
    Last edited by Geordie_Exile_De; 26-11-2019 at 09:14 AM.

Wonder what sort of plan he has for De Bruyne on Saturday.If Grealish looked like Messi and was allowed the freedom of Birmingham last night then he will look like a cross between Pele/Maradona and Messi the weekend.
    You know,like the number Rafa did on him last year by having Longstaff follow him everywhere leading to him going off.
    All super Bruce needed to do last night was bring another midfielder on and stick Hayden to Grealish.Could of easily went 4-5-1.Even the Villa fans have him worked out with their comments after the game.He sets up to hit teams on the break,hopes to get a lead.If his teams go behind he throws every forward on with 20 mins to go.That is what they are saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie_Exile_De View Post
    Now there`s a surprise,................ You seeing it the opposite from the majority on here.

If Rafa was still the boss, you would have slated him for last night and rightly so too, but because it is the yes man to your rotund secret fantasy, it`s OK
    Thing is we probably would of played like that with Rafa, we played the same last season as we are this season possession wise especially but yet we'd find positives because we had Rafa. The people on this forum can't even find negatives when we win because they want Bruce to fail it's clear to see and quite embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie_Exile_De View Post

I'm seeing it like I see it. I don't care what you think I see it as..

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie_Jacko View Post
    Thing is we probably would of played like that with Rafa, we played the same last season as we are this season possession wise especially but yet we'd find positives because we had Rafa. The people on this forum can't even find negatives when we win because they want Bruce to fail it's clear to see and quite embarrassing.
    We would not have conceded either of those two goals if Rafa was still in charge. Our defence was well drilled, now, it isn't.

As for wanting Bruce to fail, I don't think there are many (any?) who want to see NUFC lose and so that does not make sense.

I don't understand the 'they want Bruce to fail'
    I'm sure nobody wants Bruce to fail, if anything I think everyone wants Bruce to be extremely successful but the facts are facts.
    We were lucky to get away with the score being at 2 last night, could easily have been more, against a very poor Aston Villa. I don't understand the ****athon over Grealish either. We allowed Grealish to look good. No marking, no tracking back, just plain lazy.

At least Bruce made substitutions earlier this time, I'll give him that.

Problem is every man and his dog could see that Jonjo Shelvey was the problem for us and should have been hauled off at half time.

If he doesn't drop Shelvey, Almiron and Joelinton for the next game it's over before kick off.

The people on this forum can't even find negatives when we win because they want Bruce to fail it's clear to see and quite embarrassing.
    What a load of boIIockss!!!

I can`t imagine anyone wanting Bruce to fail. Wanting Bruce to fail, means we want NUFC to fail, nobody wants that.

Ah, I'm glad to see others have made the same point I was going to. I don't believe any of us want him to fail...that would make no sense at all. But, substitute 'want' with 'expect' and you'd be right. There's nothing in Bruce's overall record (he has the lowest win percentage of ANY Premier League manager ever with 300 + games under their belt) that suggests anything other than a succcession of sh!t performances that expose his shocking lack of tactical nouse or game-management skills...punctuated by the odd, brief purple patch which will serve only to keep the wolves from the door a little while longer.

Eventually the appalling football and terrible performances will obscure any reamaining positives as fan unrest grows, the atmosphere becomes toxic again and we sink to the bottom of the league. We'll either go down or escape by the skin of our teeth only to repeat the whole process all over again with either Bruce or another no-mark, has-been, yes-man who would ordinarily never get anywhere near our job.

Welcome to Mike Ashley's NUFC.

Fans are fcked off, patience has run out and it's no wonder folk are sounding off after another depressing defeat because nothing's going to change.

Enjoy your day.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Ah, I'm glad to see others have made the same point I was going to. I don't believe any of us want him to fail...that would make no sense at all. But, substitute 'want' with 'expect' and you'd be right. There's nothing in Bruce's overall record (he has the lowest win percentage of ANY Premier League manager ever with 300 + games under their belt) that suggests anything other than a succcession of sh!t performances that expose his shocking lack of tactical nouse or game-management skills...punctuated by the odd, brief purple patch which will serve only to keep the wolves from the door a little while longer.

Eventually the appalling football and terrible performances will obscure any reamaining positives as fan unrest grows, the atmosphere becomes toxic again and we sink to the bottom of the league. We'll either go down or escape by the skin of our teeth only to repeat the whole process all over again with either Bruce or another no-mark, has-been, yes-man who would ordinarily never get anywhere near our job.

Welcome to Mike Ashley's NUFC.

Fans are fcked off, patience has run out and it's no wonder folk are sounding off after another depressing defeat because nothing's going to change.

Enjoy your day.
    Nail on the head.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)