+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs Boreham Wood FC 26.11.19

Well that feels like a defeat and once again we have conceded two goals. As I keep saying it’s hard to win football matches if you are conceding two goals a game and that applies at any level.

Plus we won’t climb the table until we cut it out. I don’t know how or why these defensive problems have crept in again since the start of this month. That first Boreham Wood goal was shockingly poor to concede.

When Kyle Wootton gets a brace at home we should be picking up all three points no matter who the opposition is. It’s the curse of the clocks going back an hour that have blighted so many Notts seasons in the past where we go off the boil and sink into a winter gloom.

That first 20-25 minutes was utterly dire. I can’t believe we were camped so deep in our own half playing like an away side to a team that gets 800 at home games and who brought 57 fans. We have no right to beat anyone at this level and we are where we deserve to be. It’s just when you think this club can’t sink to a new low, there is always another surprise waiting around the corner. Boreham Wood look more fresh and looked more energetic than us in that first half.
    Thankfully two excellent crosses and some text book headers from Wootton got us back in the game and gave us the upper hand. This was one of the positives of the night and a well deserved man of the match performance.

Second half was much better, and whilst not the best we’ve played was certainly an improvement. I thought Shields had an excellent game.

Then in true style we go and throw three points away in the last minute and give away a penalty.

This month has been the worst in the league this season and the form with 2 points from 12.

In the last six league games we’ve only beaten a part time team and are down to less than 1 point a game.

P6, W1, D2, L3, GF9, GA10, GD-1, Pts 5
    PPG 0.83.

A big improvement is required during December and over the Christmas period because this form simply is not good enough especially at this level. Plus if we have aspirations of getting in the playoffs then we’ve got to turn this slump around.
    Last edited by MAD_MAGPIE; 26-11-2019 at 11:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    Well that feels like a defeat and once again we have conceded two goals. As I keep saying it’s hard to win football matches if you are conceding two goals a game and that applies at any level.

Plus we won’t climb the table until we cut it out. I don’t know how or why these defensive problems have crept in again since the start of this month. That first Boreham Wood goal was shockingly poor to concede.

When Kyle Wootton gets a brace at home we should be picking up all three points no matter who the opposition is. It’s the curse of the clocks going back an hour that have blighted so many Notts seasons in the past where we go off the boil and sink into a winter gloom.

That first 20-25 minutes was utterly dire. I can’t believe we were camped so deep in our own half playing like an away side to a team that gets 800 at home games and who brought 57 fans. We have no right to beat anyone at this level and we are where we deserve to be. It’s just when you think this club can’t sink to a new low, there is always another surprise waiting around the corner. Boreham Wood look more fresh and looked more energetic than us in that first half.
    Thankfully two excellent crosses and some text book headers from Wootton got us back in the game and gave us the upper hand. This was one of the positives of the night and a well deserved man of the match performance.

Second half was much better, and whilst not the best we’ve played was certainly an improvement. I thought Shields had an excellent game.

Then in true style we go and throw three points away in the last minute and give away a penalty.

This month has been the worst in the league this season and the form with 2 points from 12.

In the last six league games we’ve only beaten a part time team and are down to less than 1 point a game.

P6, W1, D2, L3, GF9, GA10, GD-1, Pts 5
    PPG 0.83.

A big improvement is required during December and over the Christmas period because this form simply is not good enough especially at this level. Plus if we have aspirations of getting in the playoffs then we’ve got to turn this slump around.
    Not with this manager.

Shields was beating his full back every time second half and putting in dangerous crosses and then he is taken off?????
    Rose is to slow on the ball and is knackered after 60 minutes. Brindley looked a top player until 3 games ago but has struggled since.
    I did think Doyle had a better game than his recent performances (but that wasn't difficult). Wooton worked is socks off and was MoM.

It really doesn’t help with the fans, and I include myself in this, when things are going poorly at the start of a game we all need to stay quiet. Shouting at the players, moaning, booing isn’t going to help them in any way shape or form, in fact it only helps the opposition.

It’s difficult, and I again can sympathise because I am a culprit but we really need to be getting behind the team, AND Neil Ardley.

On to Ardley those who say he has no plan b, rubbish, so many times we have gone into half time down and come out a totally different outfit, odds are against us get anyone better, some even talk about ex managers who are doing even worse than our present one, laughable.

Anyway I digress, we need to make Meadow Lane a fortress and our fans need to back the team 100% until the final whistle. We can be some of the best fans, but just like jackyl and Hyde we can also be some of the worst.

Maybe fans are sick of teams coming out the blocks much faster than us, maybe fans are sick of seeing no really decent football for longer than twenty mins a game, maybe fans are sick of letting in goal after goal since Ardley came. No wonder they get on the players backs as effort and putting in that extra yard should start from the first to the last second of the game. Ardley will never get this team to stop conceding goals, to play with passion and to be dynamic with our play. He's a plodder, the highest he's ever finished is seventh. He says the players can't handle wearing the black and white of Notts, I don't think he can handle managing a club that expects to be near to the top of non league and league Two when we're in it.

Also how many post match interview does he say they worked on a plan all week and the players didn't carry it out, I haven't listened to last nights but he says it all the time, there's a massive problem right there.

Quote Originally Posted by Getsmart View Post
    It really doesn’t help with the fans, and I include myself in this, when things are going poorly at the start of a game we all need to stay quiet. Shouting at the players, moaning, booing isn’t going to help them in any way shape or form, in fact it only helps the opposition.

It’s difficult, and I again can sympathise because I am a culprit but we really need to be getting behind the team, AND Neil Ardley.

On to Ardley those who say he has no plan b, rubbish, so many times we have gone into half time down and come out a totally different outfit, odds are against us get anyone better, some even talk about ex managers who are doing even worse than our present one, laughable.

Anyway I digress, we need to make Meadow Lane a fortress and our fans need to back the team 100% until the final whistle. We can be some of the best fans, but just like jackyl and Hyde we can also be some of the worst.
    You really don't think there's a manager that could do a better job than Ardley with that squad? As you say, rubbish.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    Also how many post match interview does he say they worked on a plan all week and the players didn't carry it out, I haven't listened to last nights but he says it all the time, there's a massive problem right there.
    I've thought that before. It's a strange thing to admit that you either aren't able to coach effectively or your players don't listen to what you're saying.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    I've thought that before. It's a strange thing to admit that you either aren't able to coach effectively or your players don't listen to what you're saying.
    And if they are consistently not listening to what you are saying or doing what you ask them to do why not drop them?

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    And if they are consistently not listening to what you are saying or doing what you ask them to do why not drop them?
    Quite.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast