+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs Boreham Wood FC 26.11.19

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    And if they are consistently not listening to what you are saying or doing what you ask them to do why not drop them?
    Well exactly but he has created a squad where he will only select from a pool of 14-15 players so its ok him saying Joe Bloggs isn't cutting it in training but if you know you have no chance of playing it will get you down.

I am aware people will argue this by saying they are pro's etc which is true but it can't be easy being in that place as a player.

Pierce Bird has been let go to be replaced by someone who isn't even fit to make the squad the bloke is a plank and needs to go asap.

Not to worry just over a month before he gets another transfer window to sign another 8 players I mean what can go wrong with this approach ?!

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    I saw the game slightly differently. First half, rubbish for 25 mins decent for 20, the team were actually spurred into action by the moaning from the crowd. Scored 2 goals and looked like we could go on to win the game. I thought we were average in the 2nd half for the first 20 mins, but then did our usual trick of camping in our own half for the last 25 trying to defend a 1 goal lead. Inevitably, we couldn't and ended up with a poor draw in a game we should have won. We're too slow, too predictable, too easy to suss out and play against, too cautious and too negative.

Ardley OUT.........
    That's the way I saw it too Michael.

You make some valid points crazyfists, I am as guilty as others of berating the team when we are the home team and the away team is battering us for the first 25mins of a game, but it needs to stop I know it’s frustrating I am one of the many fans who shouts at Mitch Rose and others who aren’t closing down their men quick enough. But opposing teams will be told to do this, to use our larger crowds to their advantage and go full throttle early on.

I agree I find it strange his post match interviews have consistently including the phrase “we knew what they were going to do, and we have been preparing for it all week in training, yet the lads haven’t put it into practice on match day”.

I’m saying NA has done a terrific job putting together a very competitive well balanced team [on paper], and deserves the time to remedy his issues. Yes teams have found us out and we are struggling to get results, but every team has these issues throughout a season its how long the poor run goes on for that shows true managerial ability.

Why can't WE be starting a game like we've been shot from a gun? If Ardley is telling them to take it steady at first then that is why we drop two goals before we even get our knees muddy. If that's not his instructions then he ought to shake up his team selections to eradicate any complacency among his regulars who don't listen or care. I don't think he will though, he appears to have taken a dislike to players who were at Notts before was, a personality flaw, hard to admit and change.

Quote Originally Posted by Getsmart View Post
    You make some valid points crazyfists, I am as guilty as others of berating the team when we are the home team and the away team is battering us for the first 25mins of a game, but it needs to stop I know it’s frustrating I am one of the many fans who shouts at Mitch Rose and others who aren’t closing down their men quick enough. But opposing teams will be told to do this, to use our larger crowds to their advantage and go full throttle early on.

I agree I find it strange his post match interviews have consistently including the phrase “we knew what they were going to do, and we have been preparing for it all week in training, yet the lads haven’t put it into practice on match day”.

I’m saying NA has done a terrific job putting together a very competitive well balanced team [on paper], and deserves the time to remedy his issues. Yes teams have found us out and we are struggling to get results, but every team has these issues throughout a season its how long the poor run goes on for that shows true managerial ability.
    I agree getting onto the players backs can sometimes be counter productive but how else are we meant to get across that starting every game a yard slower than the opposition isn't acceptable. When we know they're going to be up for coming to our ground and we're going to have to put everything in we have an it's lethargic yet again, no wonder people get mad. It's not like this is the first time it's happened, it happens every week. We've played Barrow and Boreham Wood at home, been outplayed by Barrow and thumped and got out of jail against Boreham thanks to Wooton (thank god we've got him or we'd be just about in relegation again)

It's not acceptable anymore, man for man I bet we've got the best squad in this league but we're mid table and it's nearly December. We went down with no fight last season at all, it was soul destroying and yet again there's no passion there, we're just going through the motions.

Ardley and his staff cannot stop us conceding goals, how many games are we going to win when they score two or more, it's not even in league Two, this is non league we're talking about and we still can't keep a clean sheet.

The only saving grace Ardley had is the pre season and that excuse has long gone. Soon three thousand attendance will be a good crowd because people are going to start finding better things to do than watch us flounder against teams I never even thought we'd play.

Sort it out Notts, from the players to the boardroom, get a grip of what's happening. Also Ardley why the **** don't the players EVER play to your game plan???????

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    I agree getting onto the players backs can sometimes be counter productive but how else are we meant to get across that starting every game a yard slower than the opposition isn't acceptable. When we know they're going to be up for coming to our ground and we're going to have to put everything in we have an it's lethargic yet again, no wonder people get mad. It's not like this is the first time it's happened, it happens every week. We've played Barrow and Boreham Wood at home, been outplayed by Barrow and thumped and got out of jail against Boreham thanks to Wooton (thank god we've got him or we'd be just about in relegation again)

It's not acceptable anymore, man for man I bet we've got the best squad in this league but we're mid table and it's nearly December. We went down with no fight last season at all, it was soul destroying and yet again there's no passion there, we're just going through the motions.

Ardley and his staff cannot stop us conceding goals, how many games are we going to win when they score two or more, it's not even in league Two, this is non league we're talking about and we still can't keep a clean sheet.

The only saving grace Ardley had is the pre season and that excuse has long gone. Soon three thousand attendance will be a good crowd because people are going to start finding better things to do than watch us flounder against teams I never even thought we'd play.

Sort it out Notts, from the players to the boardroom, get a grip of what's happening. Also Ardley why the **** don't the players EVER play to your game plan???????
    Absolutely agree with all of this. I'm sick of the excuses, the lack of coherent tactics, the lack of fight. It's embarrassing. No other manager in the NL has been backed like Ardley has, but there we are in mid-bloody-table. Honestly, with Ardley in charge, it's a good job we've got one of the best squads in the league. If we had an average squad, we'd be rock bottom by now.

After last season, the club and fans are desperate for something positive. A mid-table finish with boring tactics will see people walk away. We need forward momentum, some passion and pride - something to get excited about. We can't wait and do the whole 'it's a season of consolidation' thing, because we'll lose fans in the process. This is the season to go for promotion, not next.
    Last edited by slack_pie; 27-11-2019 at 01:51 PM.

As usual, opinion seems to be acrimoniously divided, all over the place. All I can say is SURELY with our squad & general resources we ought to be a force in this god-forsaken league. Instead we are struggling.

Say what you want about Ardley but he is bang on the money about the referee errors at the end. Having seen the ‘Penalty’ decision again, contact is clearly outside the box. There is also a covering defender who is literally next to the striker, so not the last man or denied a clear goal scoring opportunity. So a booking and free kick would have been the correct outcome.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast