+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: set pieces (2)

set pieces (2)

Great win tonight from a poor performance overall.

Does anyone know if we still have that set piece coach though? The one who did all the fancy stuff at the start of last season and we looked like we'd score from every corner and free kick?

Hi JezIn 2017 it was TC who hired a set-piece coach called Gianni Vio apparently.My son gave me this Link .......... https://www.givemesport.com/1223545-...-burton-albion

Reyes (I am told by my son) does set pieces for defending as told to him by Illan Meslier on a plane back to Brittany but as for attacking scenarios and corners etc I cannot comment.

My elder sons French & Mesliers English connected for this interview gem that Meslier gave to a French journalist recently on life at ER and Leeds........"She's strong, and she'll be even stronger when we move forward in the season, but we handle her pretty well. Football is a religion in Leeds. The fans... There's nothing to talk about ! The atmosphere in the stadium is amazing. For my first game, I spent ten minutes watching the fans. It's singing, and when you're an opposing player, you must feel very small. This is crazy" !

This may be of interest too from a recent Four Two Four piece .............https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/marcelo-bielsa-leeds-united-first-season-201819-year-inside-story-phil-hay
    MOT

Sent by my iPhone.

Good away 3 points, not the best performance, but the points *****, Losing Roberts a blow, with Eddie still out.
    Been said many a time, but when you average, say 10+ corners / & 3-4 free kicks in prime positions per match, our threat rate is woeful, just need some aerial ability.

Quote Originally Posted by bathlad61 View Post
    Good away 3 points, not the best performance, but the points *****, Losing Roberts a blow, with Eddie still out.
    Been said many a time, but when you average, say 10+ corners / & 3-4 free kicks in prime positions per match, our threat rate is woeful, just need some aerial ability.
    Suddenly in the last 3 games we look at threat again at corners - clearly something different happening on the training ground.

Good to see the improvement and the effect it's having not just on scoring, but pressurising the opposition more.

Alledgedly they haven't tried any short corners until now as they hadn't worked on them on the training ground!

Now they have apparently!!

We have had 132 corners - next most in our league is Brentford on 118, we have conceded the joint second least on 78

We have also had most shots and shots on target in the league 314/102 second falls to Brentford again on 264/55

Statistically speaking we are the best!!

Corners still woeful.

part of it is the lack of height which is understandable since MB has looked for some other traits in his players. .

Like the short kick strategy. Seems to play into our strengths better than kicking directly into the box.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)