+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Would you take Nolan back?

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Should never have dumped Craig Short, at least his teams always had some fight in them, especially at Peterborough
    They didn't at Colchester though did they ? we even had to sub the sub has he was that bad..

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    They didn't at Colchester though did they ? we even had to sub the sub has he was that bad..
    Kevin Smith?

Quote Originally Posted by cher1 View Post
    You what? Charlie was in charge for 12 games and if you extrapolate his stats over those game for the whole season, we would have been in a play off place, not even automatic promotion, never mind by 10 clear points!
    I don't think so...

You what? Charlie was in charge for 12 games and if you extrapolate his stats over those game for the whole season, we would have been in a play off place, not even automatic promotion, never mind by 10 clear points!
    Wrong. We would have gained automatic promotion 7 points clear. But as said the factory floor cleaners, trust board wannabes know best as Jimmy said.

Much as I hate to agree with MiG, although he got it wrong initially (10pts), he's right with his second shot (7pts).
    The table would have been:
    83 Bournemouth
    82 Rochdale
    80 Notts Co
    73 Morecambe

Quote Originally Posted by McCullochisGod View Post
    Wrong. We would have gained automatic promotion 7 points clear. But as said the factory floor cleaners, trust board wannabes know best as Jimmy said.

So we were both wrong! We'd have got 80.5 points averaged over the season, which when I looked at the table put us 4th. We were also top, which is what I forgot! So we could have gone up as champions and been in the play offs, now that would have been a good season. I'll ignore your cheap jibes Mick.

Thank you very much, just shows how much the experts really know. Why do you hate to agree with me? IMO it would have got better than that statistic states. Back to the factory floor Elite. Jimmy didn't get much wrong did he.

Cheap jibes Mick?

The football was crap under McParland, with that team his record should have been more than six wins in twelve games. So we could have come third but instead we finished ten points clear. Case closed.

So we were both wrong! We'd have got 80.5 points averaged over the season, which when I looked at the table put us 4th. We were also top, which is what I forgot! So we could have gone up as champions and been in the play offs, now that would have been a good season. I'll ignore your cheap jibes Mick.
    Even that's not the full story, because the points per game average for that season is as follows:

Games with McParland as manager = 1.75 ppg, or 80.5 points over the season.

Games without McParland as manager = 2.18 ppg, or 100.3 points over the season.

That suggests that McParland's poor management would cost us almost 20 points over the season. Those points would obviously have gone to other clubs, so it's highly unlikely we would have been 7 points clear of the fourth club.
    Even a factory cleaner can work that one out.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast