+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you take Nolan back?

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    When you compare them to the results other managers got with that squad, they were indeed crap statistics.
    Yes but surely they just needed time to settle in! You know how it works!

As statistics are flavour of the month McParland's record in the first 11 games spread over a season would of had us gaining promotion by 10 clear points. He'd already saved our league status with a ****e group of players inherited previously and the trust board at the helm and had assembled a very good squad. Ardley took us out of the league with a half decent squad. Funny who went up in 2010, Bournemouth with a young manager who played attractive possession football, Eddie Howe. Look where they are now. Crap statistics?

Quote Originally Posted by McCullochisGod View Post
    As statistics are flavour of the month McParland's record in the first 11 games spread over a season would of had us gaining promotion by 10 clear points.
    But once we'd got rid of McParland, we became champions by 10 clear points. Despite a transfer embargo and increasing turmoil behind the scenes, the other managers did far better with that squad than he did.

Should never have dumped Craig Short, at least his teams always had some fight in them, especially at Peterborough

Quote Originally Posted by McCullochisGod View Post
    As statistics are flavour of the month McParland's record in the first 11 games spread over a season would of had us gaining promotion by 10 clear points. He'd already saved our league status with a ****e group of players inherited previously and the trust board at the helm and had assembled a very good squad. Ardley took us out of the league with a half decent squad. Funny who went up in 2010, Bournemouth with a young manager who played attractive possession football, Eddie Howe. Look where they are now. Crap statistics?
    Or rich owners? Not taking anything away from Eddie Howe but now many teams could survive in the Prem League on 10,000 gates?

McP assembled a squad with fake money

Its funny reading these sorts of threads. Notts fans moan about Forest constantly banging on about past glory. All we seem to have is past "what if's". As much as I hate to say it, I'd rather have something from 30 years ago to bang on about than failed managers.

Depends how old you are. If you are 50 or over then it's very valid to be talking about the glories seasons. If 45 or younger...... Nice stories

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Should never have dumped Craig Short, at least his teams always had some fight in them, especially at Peterborough
    Don't get me going, ncfcog, it'll only end in tears...

Quote Originally Posted by theory_extinct View Post
    Its funny reading these sorts of threads. Notts fans moan about Forest constantly banging on about past glory. All we seem to have is past "what if's". As much as I hate to say it, I'd rather have something from 30 years ago to bang on about than failed managers.
    It's all relative. Compared to the type of clubs we're playing these days, we do have past glories - promotion to the top flight, for example. I'm in my 30s and remember that happening. There are loads of league clubs who have never got close to that, nor ever will.
    Last edited by slack_pie; 29-11-2019 at 11:53 AM.

Exactly better to have loved and lost than never loved at all.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast