+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you take Nolan back?

Would you take Nolan back?

Plenty of people calling for Ardley's head, but I haven't heard many ideas about who we'd replace him with (not our job to choose, I know, but still).

So who would take Nolan back? I would. I know he ****ed up that summer massively, but I'm fairly sure having a nut-job interfering owner didn't help much. Do we really think it was Nolan's idea to rip up everything that was working and replace it with something unfamiliar?

Nolan proved in his first year at the club that he could take a bunch of under-performing misfits and turn them into a cohesive team. He showed he understood how to get the best out of players. He used tactics that actually worked most of the time. He got us winning ugly. And what's more, he seemed like a real leader.

I know it all went horribly wrong, but that doesn't completely undo what he achieved prior to that summer. If you zoom out and look at his win average, you get a better picture of what he achieved. We had no right to be top of the league in November 2017, nor in the playoffs come May. That was a bang-average squad at best. I'd like to see what he could do with what is probably the best squad in the division.

If Ardley doesn't last, I'd get Nolan in on a contract until the end of the season with the goal of reaching the playoffs. If he manages that, extend the contract. I'd say we'd stand a better chance of success under him than the current manager.

For what it's worth, I want Ardley to succeed. I don't want to sack another manager and go through the whole process again. And I hate the idea of some of our new players being frozen out. But at what point do we admit that we're not going anywhere with the current manager at the helm?
    Last edited by slack_pie; 27-11-2019 at 08:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Plenty of people calling for Ardley's head, but I haven't heard many ideas about who we'd replace him with (not our job to choose, I know, but still).

So who would take Nolan back? I would. I know he ****ed up that summer massively, but I'm fairly sure having a nut-job interfering owner didn't help much. Do we really think it was Nolan's idea to rip up everything that was working and replace it with something unfamiliar?

Nolan proved in his first year at the club that he could take a bunch of under-performing misfits and turn them into a cohesive team. He showed he understood how to get the best out of players. He used tactics that actually worked most of the time. He got us winning ugly. And what's more, he seemed like a real leader.

I know it all went horribly wrong, but that doesn't completely undo what he achieved prior to that summer. If you zoom out and look at his win average, you get a better picture of what he achieved. We had no right to be top of the league in November 2017, nor in the playoffs come May. That was a bang-average squad at best. I'd like to see what he could do with what is probably the best squad in the division.

If Ardley doesn't last, I'd get Nolan in on a contract until the end of the season with the goal of reaching the playoffs. If he manages that, extend the contract. I'd say we'd stand a better chance of success under him than the current manager.

For what it's worth, I want Ardley to succeed. I don't want to sack another manager and go through the whole process again. And I hate the idea of some of our new players being frozen out. But at what point do we admit that we're not going anywhere with the current manager at the helm?
    NO

NO!

Wrong thread. Thought this was the brussel sprout poll.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post

It was going wrong the previous transfer window. Once KN had lost the influence of his mates in the dressing room and on the pitch he had nothing left to offer.

Is this thread an early ( or late) April fools?

No

Well I guess that clears that up.

So who would you go for? Reckon we could raid Barrow for Evatt? He seems to know how to win games.

Steve Evans anyone.

No,don't go back never the same. The lad who got Grimsby up, Trew was looking at him one time. Didn't go well at Ipswich for him, but probably a jump up too much

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    No,don't go back never the same. The lad who got Grimsby up, Trew was looking at him one time. Didn't go well at Ipswich for him, but probably a jump up too much
    Paul Hurst? He's at S****horpe now. I thought we should have gone for him when we went for Ardley.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast