+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stuck with Ashley

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie1974 View Post
    Why do Ashley apologists think this all about investment and spending on players.Its about his theft from the club,his treatment of the fans and more importantly,the sort of person he is.
    I dont want a man like this owning the club.I would be happy with an owner that just re-invested what the club made and wasnt a liar and a thief.
    👌

Why do Ashley apologists think this all about investment and spending on players.Its about his theft from the club,his treatment of the fans and more importantly,the sort of person he is.
    I dont want a man like this owning the club.I would be happy with an owner that just re-invested what the club made and wasnt a liar and a thief.
    Doesn't it just prove that he isn't the shrewd businessman he's made out to be.

If he had any sense at all he would have developed the club and the infrastructure as well as all of the development side and success would have easily followed thus bringing more notice of his love child, business baby Shyte Direct who would have benefitted from all of the additional exposure.

He's a one-trick pony, albeit with a very successful trick. Buy bulk shite and sell it cheap whether that's stock or fsiling brands.

He could have made so much more by investing in our potential but he's too stupid and too tight.

Agreed.

He could of pushed us forward instead. . .

He's ****ed this club over badly to the point we're miles behind where we could be.

It's sickening.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    Agreed.

He's ****ed this club over badly to the point we're miles behind where we could be.

It's sickening.
    The stupid annoying thing about it all though is that he personally and his shyte company would have benefitted more than anyone else out of shrewd, careful investment.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    Agreed.

It's sickening.
    Yep. I mean, the most commonly used comparison is with Spurs...look at where we both were when fatso took over and now, You're spot on with that, Jammy-it is sickening.

But, you could go further and look at teams like Bournemouth or Wolves and see where they were.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Yep. I mean, the most commonly used comparison is with Spurs...look at where we both were when fatso took over and now, You're spot on with that, Jammy-it is sickening.

But, you could go further and look at teams like Bournemouth or Wolves and see where they were.
    And of today's standings add to those two Leicester, Sheffield United, Burnley and Brighton.

Every one of those more than comfortably beneath us, not only in league position but almost in every aspect, a few seasons ago.

When Shiekh Mansour bought Man City he paid 210m.Now I know he has ploughed shed loads of money in and the franchise he now has with Man City and the other clubs is valued around 3.5 billion.
    He has spent 1.5 billion at Man City.I know figures are easy but imagine what this club could now be worth with a low percentage of that investment.The slug paid just under 150m for us,he values us at 350m.
    So Man City have grown to over 17 times what was paid and we have stagnated to under 3 times what was paid.Still as long as we are in the holy grail of the Premier League losing every other week and get told we have no chance of going bankrupt,are a club without ambition we should be grateful.
    What could have been.

oh god - I'm depressed enough man -

and to cap it all - have to get up at an ungodly hour on saturday .......... just so the fat controller can stick an extra wad of tv money in his back pocket

When Shiekh Mansour bought Man City he paid 210m.Now I know he has ploughed shed loads of money in and the franchise he now has with Man City and the other clubs is valued around 3.5 billion.
    He has spent 1.5 billion at Man City.I know figures are easy but imagine what this club could now be worth with a low percentage of that investment.The slug paid just under 150m for us,he values us at 350m.
    So Man City have grown to over 17 times what was paid and we have stagnated to under 3 times what was paid.Still as long as we are in the holy grail of the Premier League losing every other week and get told we have no chance of going bankrupt,are a club without ambition we should be grateful.
    What could have been.
    Fatso wanted half a billion from Sheikh Mansour, less than 24 months after paying under £200 million (in total) for the club.

He threw in his insults for free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)