+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Stuck with Ashley

****************** WARNING********************
    This post is not anti Ashley but is a long and boring post to some....maybe many. Do not read if you're easily offended.

The only time I tend to think about Mike Ashley is when I'm generally looking into this forum.
    Very rarely do I talk about him when I'm talking about Newcastle with family and friends, which is all through the day in bits and pieces.... and everyday.

Why?
    Because I concentrate on what the squad is up to and what the game can bring at any specific time. I have hope for a win and a gut ache in anticipation.
    I can then go into despair if we lose but utter kid like excitement when we win.
    I rarely think of Ashley.

I don't hark back and think of what he has done or what he could do or what he will do.
    I don't feel the need to give him much thought until hatred comes his way...and then I feel he deserves a side, because, as a lifelong Newcastle United fan myself...if I don't feel any need for bitterness towards him and I can accept (like I've always done) the good the bad and the ugly that has happened in his tenure, just as it's happened in every other tenure at this club.... and yet I see a stable club.... I'm fairly content with that, even if I would like more and hope for more and dream of winning this that and the other.

Too many people are expending far too much of their mental state in hating the man and it all comes down to a few major things that have escalated into nitpicking at every opportunity for some fans.

By all means carry on doing it if that's what your mindset is but just remember you're only destroying your own Newcastle United experience in a healthy life of very limited years, in the grand scheme of things.

12 years of some fans still harping on about never going back and never giving the club another penny and making sure the club is nit picked at every turn and all because they think they deserve more.
    Every fan of every club deserves more, but this is where the thick and thin come in and also what people regard as the more

Yeah we're Newcastle United. What does that actually mean against every other football club?
    We deserve more than so called lesser clubs?
    We deserve an owner who spends bigger than what he does because all the elites do?
    An owner who isn't as fat?
    An owner who is north east or preferably geordie?
    A sheikh?
    A russian oil baron?

Some people have lived on a diet of the 90's and have.... and are..... using that as some kind of yardstick for the future or up to Ashley, as if he's the first ever owner to come in and deal the fans a few bad hands and yet those fans choose to forget about the good hands that were dealt and the indifference along the way.

Ours is a typical football club in reality but this one is being riddled with an epidemic of hatred-disgruntlement and to be honest, pettiness.

This seems to be more like back patting agreement by peer pressure, in the main. A basic juggernaut acceleration that will never stop until someone in the crowd can press that brake and say " is hatred changing anything?"......." Is cutting your own nose off to spite your own face a wise thing to do?"....."Is ridding a man in the background who you rarely see, so painful a thought?".......Is the loss of one person (manager/player) so different that it warrants bitterness towards replacements?"

This hatred is a build up. It's become more of a witch hunt with added gusto over time, where everything that can be added that appears bad, will be added.

It is bordering on the petty with people focusing on anything and everything to give themselves reasons to simply hate and feel it's always valid, because...."well look around you, it's not just me" scenario.
    People jumping on bandwagons by giving up their passion. People who religiously went to the game through times way way way worse than this could ever portray.

It's a case of follow what the majority seem to be doing then sitting back and wondering, why?

To rid the club of the bad man. To rid the club of the man who won't spend the entire sky money?
    To rid the club of the bad man who won't break the transfer record?
    To rid the club of the man who broke the transfer record but he didn't really because the players aren't worth it and it's clearly a con.?

And so on and so on.
    A build up of hype and best guesses all based on one simple and easy thing a human can do.....HATE.

"Old betty took my kids ball and won't give it back."
    Old Betty is now a witch.

"Let's tell people about old Betty being a witch and how she stabs footballs."
    "Let's ask old betty why she deliberately tortures kids and steals their toys."

"Old Betty is to be avoided, she snatches kids and tortures them."
    "Old Betty has a cauldron and she boils people with vegetables to make potions to cast spells upon us all who live around her."
    "Old Betty needs to be hounded out."

"Old Betty is a witch...a real witch."

"Burn her at the stake."

I think people can get the gist.

Why do Ashley apologists always keep saying, to whoever doesn't agree with them, that we want to spend huge amounts of money on players? We, the same as fans of any club, have always wanted the club to spend more money on players. It's normal. It's not possible to be blind to the fact that there is a difference this time. They all fall into the well worn line that Ashley peddles of, we can't spend like City, they are owned by a government, look what happened to Leeds, etc. etc. Just to be clear: we are NOT a well run club. The best run club outside of the big 6 (or arguably the best run club in the league) is Leicester City IMO.

It would be reasonable to expect that the club spent more than it's income (that is what is called investment) in order to make the best use of the huge potential in Newcastle due to the stadium and support base, however, most fans have given up on waiting for that to happen. However, not to invest all of the money made by the club, back into the club is simply not acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    [B][SIZE=4]
    Yeah we're Newcastle United. What does that actually mean against every other football club?
    We deserve more than so called lesser clubs?
    We deserve an owner who spends bigger than what he does because all the elites do?
    An owner who isn't as fat?
    An owner who is north east or preferably geordie?
    A sheikh?
    A russian oil baron?
    These questions show the mindset of people like ghost. They have no reply to the reasonable expectations of most fans and constantly pretend that whoever doesn't agree with them has extreme views and wants Ashley to invest billions. Something that is simply not true.

An owner who is a Geordie??? Really??

I dont want Ashley to invest anything,I want him to fùck off as the man is nothing but a cùnt and anyone that defends a man like that with his morals is one as well.The sooner he is away from our great club the better as he is not fit to be associated with it.
    Mark my words,when he does eventually leave we will all see the damage of his ownership.If we think it's bad now just wait until the whole truth is out when he is gone.
    The sad thing is though,we are stuck with him.for years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    Why do Ashley apologists always keep saying, to whoever doesn't agree with them, that we want to spend huge amounts of money on players? We, the same as fans of any club, have always wanted the club to spend more money on players. It's normal. It's not possible to be blind to the fact that there is a difference this time. They all fall into the well worn line that Ashley peddles of, we can't spend like City, they are owned by a government, look what happened to Leeds, etc. etc. Just to be clear: we are NOT a well run club. The best run club outside of the big 6 (or arguably the best run club in the league) is Leicester City IMO.

It would be reasonable to expect that the club spent more than it's income (that is what is called investment) in order to make the best use of the huge potential in Newcastle due to the stadium and support base, however, most fans have given up on waiting for that to happen. However, not to invest all of the money made by the club, back into the club is simply not acceptable.

These questions show the mindset of people like ghost. They have no reply to the reasonable expectations of most fans and constantly pretend that whoever doesn't agree with them has extreme views and wants Ashley to invest billions. Something that is simply not true.

An owner who is a Geordie??? Really??
    Spot on

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)