+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T David Duckenfield

O/T David Duckenfield

Em no a legal expert but if he has been negligent and people have died then a not guilty of negligent manslaughter seems a perverse decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Em no a legal expert but if he has been negligent and people have died then a not guilty of negligent manslaughter seems a perverse decision.
    On this, completely agree with you

thirty years and still no justice

il have to read up on what yesterdays decision means ,at first reading it seems a strange decision,these families have fought tooth and nail for decades for justice and it appears that one fish has wriggled off the hook,it will be interesting if yesterdays decision will be challenged,certainly has me scratching my head

Have never really understood why this happened. Was this is the days that there was no all ticket gates? Why were there so many people trying to get in?

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Have never really understood why this happened. Was this is the days that there was no all ticket gates? Why were there so many people trying to get in?
    There's was probably a number trying to get in without tics, lpool had smaller end, crush outside, open gates to deal with that but basically never shut gates to middle pens. People being people all went to middle pen which was already full.

If I'm wrong with any of that John goti will correct me.

I was involved in a crush at Aintree once, lasted about a minute, felt like 10 in similar style tunnels to Hillsborough....terrifying.

It went from uncomfortable to feet not touching the ground in the blink of an eye.

Duckenfield only appointed a fortnight or so before as well.

The police cover up backed by the establishment is the thing that stinks, nothing can take away what the families suffered but it's a terrible inditement of this country that it's been dragged out over 3 decades.

agree with every word mate disgusting amount of time

It was a ticket game
    The amount of fans there was consistent with tickets sold
    As rross says the overcrowding was due to the fact the middle gate wasn’t closed
    The pen to the left wasn’t even half full
    Last edited by _JG_; 29-11-2019 at 10:25 PM.

It nearly happened two or three years before at same ground in another semi.....spurs and I think wolves i think, cud be wrong.

What I always find sad was this was pre social media internet days and it was so difficult for these families to get the story out. They were up against the British establishment. Stories could be buried quickly, tommorows fish and chip wrappers and all that.

I think I was always sceptical in the early days that the fans were completely blameless but the more it was investigated, the more the documentaries and dramas came out you realise how absolutely atrociously the families and the dead were treated.

You'd like to think the police wouldn't be able to do such a cover up job in this day and age (not just a cover up but apportioning blame elsewhere) but who knows.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)