+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ditch the pitch

Ditch the pitch

Wish Queens and other teams would go back to playing on grass. Absolutely hate watching games on these 4G pitches.

What’s your thoughts ..?

Grass or plastic ?

Before we simply ask people for their opinions, - of which most people will say grass, can we perhaps weigh up the cost implications please before suddenly making rash suggestions.

It's the equivalent of building a new house and paying off the mortgage for the next 50 years, but the wife saying "I don't like it, - I think we'll move back to the old one"

Yes dear, - anything you say dear, whereupon you fall into crippling debt that you cannot pay and you end up with no house at all.

Personally, I prefer grass every time, but I'd rather have a half a half decent team and a club who were solvent, than no club at all.

Bring back the grass pitch to Palmerston Park. I’d also like to see them banned from the Scottish Premiership

Grass is always the best but as mentioned above the financial implications might be a stretch for us. The benefit of the Astro is that if maintained appropriately it can be used non stop throughout the year. Are we making much from the pitch at the moment?

Quote Originally Posted by CptQueens View Post
    Grass is always the best but as mentioned above the financial implications might be a stretch for us. The benefit of the Astro is that if maintained appropriately it can be used non stop throughout the year. Are we making much from the pitch at the moment?
    Not really no...... it’s not used as much as it should be because of over use and heard a whisper it’s to be replaced again next season.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)