+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 8 Million Debt:

8 Million Debt:

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Very interesting article, but for a simpleton like me it poses more questions than answers.

What exactly does 'written off' mean? Did Hardy waive them or did the Reedtz brothers pay them off ? Was it a compromise between the two? I suspect it's the latter, but there is serious money involved here.

I'd just like a bit of clarity if someone can read between the lines better than I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Very interesting article, but for a simpleton like me it poses more questions than answers.

What exactly does 'written off' mean? Did Hardy waive them or did the Reedtz brothers pay them off ? Was it a compromise between the two? I suspect it's the latter, but there is serious money involved here.

I'd just like a bit of clarity if someone can read between the lines better than I can.
    See my post on Notts' accounts. He's as much an expert on football finances as you'll get but there's still a gap in what Hardy wrote off (£7.9m), what the Reedtz' put in (£3.5m interest free) and the cumulative debt (£20.5).

Plus, this was for 2017/18, before he went on his trolley dash.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwacka View Post
    See my post on Notts' accounts. He's as much an expert on football finances as you'll get but there's still a gap in what Hardy wrote off (£7.9m), what the Reedtz' put in (£3.5m interest free) and the cumulative debt (£20.5).

Plus, this was for 2017/18, before he went on his trolley dash.
    sounds like we are foooked again !
    so if I'm correct in thinking we are 10 million plus in debt , with the big transfer fees ( Enzio & KD ) and pay outs to come as well ie HK and KN (or are they just on the payroll ?? !!) and are we currently running at a loss the 50 K a week that Hardy implemented ??

Weren't all debts settled as part of the takeover?

Also, I wonder how much we are losing, or rather how much the owners are covering, this season. Quite a bit I'd imagine - it must be the most expensively assembled squad in the league.

Another thing that stood out was the number of employees we had. How on earth did we get to 283 and who were they all?

Here's the link to more info on the accounts:

https://mobile.twitter.com/kieranmag...996069888?s=21

Quote Originally Posted by cher1 View Post
    Another thing that stood out was the number of employees we had. How on earth did we get to 283 and who were they all?
    Still had womens team then so there is probably 16 or 17 plus all the staff associated would easily come to 30.
    First team squad all the staff would easily be 45 with managers trainers etc
    Office staff no idea maybe 15
    Reserve / Youth team etc probably 35
    Banqueting and Catering maybe 30 mainly casuals I suppose
    Grounds people 2 or 3
    Stewards probably 20 if they are not outsourced to a third party

I am getting close to 200 there just with a punt and I am sure I have missed a few areas. A lot will be extremely low paid or casual.

I am glad I don't have a wage bill like that for my business I would never sleep with the worry about paying the wages!

Mmm. Would casual staff count as employees? Numbers had gone up by almost 90 according to that Twitter feed. God knows what they were all doing...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast