+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Leeds United - v - Middlesborough ***Matchday Thread***

Really good performance today - we looked at it from the first minute, and i saw the return of the harrying and pressing we used to see last year at this time, making the opposition uncomfortable and dispossessing them a lot, with 2 on 1 meaning they were crowded out and we got possession back in good areas.

Everyone played well. I've noticed Casilla has been a lot more conservative in his play in the last month or so - hopefully he's been told. I still worry that when we're under real pressure from the top clubs, he'll flap around again. He played well today in terms of his distribution and decision-making, so that was positive too.

I think Pablo is coming back to full fitness and really ran the show today. Brilliant at times.

Great to see Eddie back, and Costa scoring, plus Bamford, even though he missed a couple of other good chances, including just before he scored.

All in all a great Saturday afternoon, and hopefully WBA and Preston play out a draw on Monday, or Preston get a result.

Quote Originally Posted by CromerWhite View Post
    4 now. Klich again.

Sorry wtf but I can't get the link to work for BBC Leeds radio
    Np Corner, just happy were putting them in!

"Cromer"!

Pleasing comments from Woodgate following the match, might not help save him at Boro but maybe he does deserve a chance?

Nice to see us putting our chances away at last, 4-0 a brilliant score, well done all.

And it looked like klich's goal came straight off the training ground....from a corner as well!!

Pretty much sums this forum up from certain posters, best win of the season and fewest posts,

Make no mistake this was a brilliant performance, intense pressing lots of quality, and goals which we have all been crying out for, it could easily have been 8-0, i will take 4 against what was pre-season candidates to be up there.

So WBA are strong, Fulham are strong, know what, so are LEEDS UTD, MOT.

Quote Originally Posted by pete1967b View Post
    Pretty much sums this forum up from certain posters, best win of the season and fewest posts,

Make no mistake this was a brilliant performance, intense pressing lots of quality, and goals which we have all been crying out for, it could easily have been 8-0, i will take 4 against what was pre-season candidates to be up there.

So WBA are strong, Fulham are strong, know what, so are LEEDS UTD, MOT.
    Maybe it's down to many being gobsmacked and "out of it" that we put 4 away? Anyway, good for the goal difference, class from Klich with the fourth, nice to see Bamford on the sheet again (even if he did have to wait for an hour for the ball to come own, and wasn't challenged!), and Costa getting on the score sheet.

Also nice to hear some of the comments from pundits on the EFL show and those from Woodgate.

Andy brought the luck to Elland Road.......

It has been a long time coming but finally we get a scoreline that reflects our possession and chances created. They were poor and I felt sorry for Howson and even a little for Woodgate. Hopefully Eddie will get more game time now and stay with us beyond January. Fingers crossed that Preston can turn over West Brom tomorrow (unlikely) and maybe even a couple of injuries and red cards. Wishful thinking?probably but if we can put 4 goals away and Klich can curl one into the top corner then anything's possible.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)