+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Qpr

[QUOTE=ramAnag;39373775][QUOTE=Trickytreesreds;39373464]

The only thing wrong with Cocu is that he must have either smashed a mirror or run over several black cats just before signing his contract with us.
    Let’s face it...no one could have foreseen the events of this season and the number of players unavailable as a result.
    I think he’s handled it all very well in the circumstances but then just as things were looking so much better in terms of set up and personnel we lose Shinnie and Bielik as well.
    Luck has a habit of changing. If it doesn’t, expect Rooney to smash a metatarsal in the first fif**** minutes against Barnsley...if it does and we make two or three decent January signings, we’re still well enough placed for this season to be interesting.

It’s only eight days since we played Preston off the park.[

True RA but we've lost Shinnie Bennett and Bielic since the Preston match

[QUOTE=mistaram;39373781][QUOTE=ramAnag;39373775]
    Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post

The only thing wrong with Cocu is that he must have either smashed a mirror or run over several black cats just before signing his contract with us.
    Let’s face it...no one could have foreseen the events of this season and the number of players unavailable as a result.
    I think he’s handled it all very well in the circumstances but then just as things were looking so much better in terms of set up and personnel we lose Shinnie and Bielik as well.
    Luck has a habit of changing. If it doesn’t, expect Rooney to smash a metatarsal in the first fif**** minutes against Barnsley...if it does and we make two or three decent January signings, we’re still well enough placed for this season to be interesting.

It’s only eight days since we played Preston off the park.[

True RA but we've lost Shinnie Bennett and Bielic since the Preston match
    That’s exactly what I’m saying. Don’t think Bennett matters much tbh, he’d never be in my starting XI, but with a full strength side plus Rooney and the right signings we’re still a decent side. Just need to stay in touch during December, our luck to change and a good window.
    This was always going to be a season of rebuilding...anything more is a bonus but it’s still early days.
    How many times have we been ‘high flying Derby’ at Christmas only to fall away in February and March? Maybe, just maybe, it’ll be the other way round this season...remember Fulham and Palace from years gone by.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 01-12-2019 at 01:40 PM.

[QUOTE=ramAnag;39373784][QUOTE=mistaram;39373781][QUOTE=ramAnag;39373775]

That’s exactly what I’m saying. Don’t think Bennett matters much tbh, he’d never be in my starting XI, but with a full strength side plus Rooney and the right signings we’re still a decent side. Just need to stay in touch during December, our luck to change and a good window.
    This was always going to be a season of rebuilding...anything more is a bonus but it’s still early days.
    How many times have we been ‘high flying Derby’ at Christmas only to fall away in February and March? Maybe, just maybe, it’ll be the other way round this season...remember Fulham and Palace from years gone by.[/QUOTE

RA love your optimism think you will still be saying it's early days when we've played 45 league games There's something radically wrong with this squad. One of them is yours and mine favourite " no leaders " I was behind that goal at Fulham the other night ,that second goal goes in from a corner All the players and I mean all just dropped their heads , nobody said a word about who was at fault They just trundled back to the centre spot like school girls I've not checked but I can't recall us coming from behind many times this season They are a mentally week squad
    Last edited by mistaram; 01-12-2019 at 09:09 PM.

Somehow references to "schoolgirls" and "coming from behind" seem curiously inappropriate

G[QUOTE=mistaram;39374099][QUOTE=ramAnag;39373784][QUOTE=mistaram;39373781]
    Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post

How many times have we been ‘high flying Derby’ at Christmas only to fall away in February and March? Maybe, just maybe, it’ll be the other way round this season...remember Fulham and Palace from years gone by.[/QUOTE

RA love your optimism think you will still be saying it's early days when we've played 45 league games There's something radically wrong with this squad. One of them is yours and mine favourite " no leaders " I was behind that goal at Fulham the other night ,that second goal goes in from a corner All the players and I mean all just dropped their heads , nobody said a word about who was at fault They just trundled back to the centre spot like school girls I've not checked but I can't recall us coming from behind many times this season They are a mentally week squad
    I don’t disagree at all, mista, but we’ve lost our leader, albeit we might already have another one in Rooney.
    All I’m suggesting is that our current position isn’t Cocu’s fault...and although I agree, the current squad is unlikely to finish any higher than mid table, it isn’t too late for changes in January to make a difference.
    No expectations...just not beyond the bounds of possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Somehow references to "schoolgirls" and "coming from behind" seem curiously inappropriate
    That's just your warped mind Geoff.

[QUOTE=ramAnag;39374153]G[QUOTE=mistaram;39374099][QUOTE=ramAnag;39373784]
    Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post

I don’t disagree at all, mista, but we’ve lost our leader, albeit we might already have another one in Rooney.
    All I’m suggesting is that our current position isn’t Cocu’s fault...and although I agree, the current squad is unlikely to finish any higher than mid table, it isn’t too late for changes in January to make a difference.
    RA I'm not blaming Cocu I know he's had not to put up with than any manager should have But we are nearly halfway through the season and most fans myself included have not got a clue what style or system he wants to play That line up on Sat was crazy it as never going scoring chances ,even if Bielic had started No wonder that Marriott looks cheesed off That line up was just panic after the Fulham result ,which is silly because they can and will outplay anybody in the Championship . Wonder what Rooney thought after suffering that 90 mins

[QUOTE=ramAnag;39374153]G[QUOTE=mistaram;39374099][QUOTE=ramAnag;39373784]
    Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post

RA, you were bemoaning our luck well before the drink driving affair and all the injuries, and I said that it can't all be down to bad luck when we lose games.

Yes there are mitigating circumstances, but Cocu was in charge when drinkgate occurred, thats got to be partly down to the manager, we give away a penalty on sat and lose 2 pts due to a striker making challenges in the box! A basic coaching error, thats the last place one wants a striker to be!

All the evidence points to Cocu not being that inspiring a coach and whilst he may well be having to cope with some circumstances beyond his control, the style of play, lethargy and indiscipline of some players is down to him.

We won't sack him, we cant afford to, well not unless we are in danger of relegation, but we look what we are a mid table side and thats all Cocu has managed to achieve, whereas the most recent managers have at least had us challenging for the playoffs, we wont this season and I don't see that Rooney is going to make much difference, either as a coach, mm he is no Lampard and as a player I think he will get bullied out of the game, that signing is strictly commercial, which in itself is not negative, but on the pitch I can't see where we will do more than trundle along as we have done to date.

Luck tends to even itself out Swale. For instance, early doors we were lucky at Huddersfield and unlucky against WBA imo.

Some of what’s gone on may be down to the manager...but equally we don’t really know what sort of a drinking culture he inherited at the club and some of the stuff I read suggests it’s quite common practice at many clubs. The only real difference this time may have been that they got caught.

Whichever way you look at it a lot has gone wrong this season and I’d like to see Cocu given at least two more full transfer windows before judgement is made unless, as you say, there is a real danger of relegation which seems unlikely to me.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Luck tends to even itself out Swale. For instance, early doors we were lucky at Huddersfield and unlucky against WBA imo.

Some of what’s gone on may be down to the manager...but equally we don’t really know what sort of a drinking culture he inherited at the club and some of the stuff I read suggests it’s quite common practice at many clubs. The only real difference this time may have been that they got caught.

Whichever way you look at it a lot has gone wrong this season and I’d like to see Cocu given at least two more full transfer windows before judgement is made unless, as you say, there is a real danger of relegation which seems unlikely to me.
    RA Not sure e are in a good place regarding relegation .Don't forget there's still a chance of a nine point reduction hanging over us At the moment in in Subway outside the ground have a coffee before watching the kids against Brum . At least I know I will be entertained Cocu and his staff in here as well ,that's good to see

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)