+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Qpr

Take your point about a points deduction mista and obviously I wasn’t taking that into account...neither is it something that can in any way be attributable to Cocu.
    If there is to be any such deduction the ‘crime’ - for want of a better word - was committed long before he arrived and Cocu is totally blameless.
    Hope the kids do well tonight and, as you say, it’s good that Cocu and Co. are there, but I do get fed up of fans - not you - hailing them as world beaters one week (PNE) and slagging them off the next when we’ve dropped two home points for the first time in ages with an injury ravaged side exactly seven days later.
    It’ll take time, there’s still a chance this season with luck and the right additions, but the almost ‘bi-polar’ like reaction of some fans doesn’t help.

The game against QPR was our worst home performance of the season, we were and did look dreadful. I'm still upset about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Manofpride View Post
    The game against QPR was our worst home performance of the season, we were and did look dreadful. I'm still upset about it.
    Spot on but it was worse than that 😂

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Luck tends to even itself out Swale. For instance, early doors we were lucky at Huddersfield and unlucky against WBA imo.

Some of what’s gone on may be down to the manager...but equally we don’t really know what sort of a drinking culture he inherited at the club and some of the stuff I read suggests it’s quite common practice at many clubs. The only real difference this time may have been that they got caught.

Whichever way you look at it a lot has gone wrong this season and I’d like to see Cocu given at least two more full transfer windows before judgement is made unless, as you say, there is a real danger of relegation which seems unlikely to me.
    So Lampard managed play off final with one transfer window and your happy for Cocu an experienced coach (even if his record is average at best) to have two full transfer windows?

So your content with the turgid uninspiring football then? If we were playing ugly and being successful then I'd be OK, but we are guileless, gutless and piss poor in most games.

Oh c’mon Swale...firstly Lampard had two windows...summer 2018 and January 2019.
    He brought three top flight loanees in which made a huge difference and when he left...they left too.
    His ‘full time’ signings haven’t proved so brilliant have they...and were there not plenty of ‘guileless, gutless and piss poor’ performances last season too?
    I can certainly remember a few. Leeds and Millwall at home anyone?

Of course I’m not ‘content’ with some of the ‘uninspiring’ performances but last year’s hit and miss outfit has had the heart ripped out of it.
    The three loanees and Keogh provided the rock and the flair for that side last season. The first three were never going to be easy to replace and the Keogh situation was completely unforseeable.
    Add into the equation whatever is going on with Jack Marriott - brilliant between September and November of last season and, one appearance at Elland Road apart, largely anonymous since - and it isn’t difficult to see that any manager would have his work cut out.

I imagine, years ago, you’d have been calling for Jim Smith’s head after the first third of that season...the difference is...Smith was able to see what was wrong and address the need for change immediately. Cocu hasn’t had that privilege, he’s been in the job for five months, during which the club has become embroiled in two horrible controversies. Only next month will he actually be able to hopefully make some changes on the basis of what he has learned from this season so far.

I wonder how successful Arthur Cox and Jim Smith would have been without the ability to make such ‘game changer’ on the hoof signings as Dean Saunders and Stimac...both made in October if I remember correctly. Suspect, if you had enough money - which we did - management was a little easier in those days.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 03-12-2019 at 02:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Oh c’mon Swale...firstly Lampard had two windows...summer 2018 and January 2019.
    He brought three top flight loanees in which made a huge difference and when he left...they left too.
    His ‘full time’ signings haven’t proved so brilliant have they...and were there not plenty of ‘guileless, gutless and piss poor’ performances last season too?
    I can certainly remember a few. Leeds and Millwall at home anyone?

Of course I’m not ‘content’ with some of the ‘uninspiring’ performances but last year’s hit and miss outfit has had the heart ripped out of it.
    The three loanees and Keogh provided the rock and the flair for that side last season. The first three were never going to be easy to replace and the Keogh situation was completely unforseeable.
    Add into the equation whatever is going on with Jack Marriott - brilliant between September and November of last season and, one appearance at Elland Road apart, largely anonymous since - and it isn’t difficult to see that any manager would have his work cut out.

I imagine, years ago, you’d have been calling for Jim Smith’s head after the first third of that season...the difference is...Smith was able to see what was wrong and address the need for change immediately. Cocu hasn’t had that privilege, he’s been in the job for five months, during which the club has become embroiled in two horrible controversies. Only next month will he actually be able to hopefully make some changes on the basis of what he has learned from this season so far.

I wonder how successful Arthur Cox and Jim Smith would have been without the ability to make such ‘game changer’ on the hoof signings as Dean Saunders and Stimac...both made in October if I remember correctly. Suspect, if you had enough money - which we did - management was a little easier in those days.
    So Cocu hasn't brought in loans and new players? What have they done to date?

The team was ****e way before drinkgate, although you were claiming that with a "bit of luck" results would ahve been different! I said at the time, its not dwon to luck we keep losing games.

I don't remember that many gutless performances by this stage of the season last time.

Anyway I admire your optimism, personally I don't see Cocu achieving anything, he doesn't seem to be able to use the player he has effectively and his teams historically have been dull, dour and turgid.

Not calling for his head, just saying that we have ****ed up again with a piss poor managerial appointment, time will tell but we wont be near the playoffs this season and given our recent record of paying over the odds for ****e players can't see two transfer windows changing much.

‘I don’t remember that many gutless performances by this stage of the season last year’.

Well there were more than a few as I remember...Leeds at home 1-4, Millwall away, being outfought at later relegated Rotherham and Bolton, Stoke away in the BJ bite match and being thrashed 0-3 at home to Villa.

All happened before Christmas last year and all had fans reaching for the razor blades and moaning about Lampard.

Now seen the the game and lost 90 minutes of my life I am never going to get back.......

I will restrict my comments to those with my ref's hat on. That little break in the run up for the guy taking their penalty wasn't in the last stride and is within the rules. However........... I am certain that Waggy played the ball and that the penalty should never have been given.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Now seen the the game and lost 90 minutes of my life I am never going to get back.......

I will restrict my comments to those with my ref's hat on. That little break in the run up for the guy taking their penalty wasn't in the last stride and is within the rules. However........... I am certain that Waggy played the ball and that the penalty should never have been given.
    Your lucky MA I've wasted another 90 minutes of my life today Not to mention about £75 for myself and my wife to witness that garbage again If you thought QPR was bad wait till you see this Wisdom and Davies apart get the rest out of our club Gutless ,heartless, overpaid ,overrated prats Don't expect anything out of Sheff Wed or Millwall because it won't happen Agree about the penalty he clearly took the ball not sure about the stuttering run I've watched it a few times and I'm sure he stops just before he shoots

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    not sure about the stuttering run I've watched it a few times and I'm sure he stops just before he shoots
    Take another look mista, he runs up, plants his left foot and stops, moves the right up to the left and takes another step with his left before hitting the ball with his right. Ergo, not his last step.

I will be watching the RamsTV full 90 again for this one. Not with baited breath though a good friend of mine who was at the game who is ususally good in his views thinks Fozzy was our best player on the day. We shall see.
    Last edited by MadAmster; 08-12-2019 at 09:30 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)