+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How many more times are we going to concede on the stroke of Halftime

How many more times are we going to concede on the stroke of Halftime

This is getting stupid,...You just Know its going to happen...Time and time again we do it!!
    If the players minds are elswwere,..Ship em out.

We must be the Worst for Conceding on Half Time.....Not Good Enough !!!..

Both goals defensive errors followed by two poor efforts from Popeye.. If he has one fault it's getting down low to shots..

He had no chance with the second Alf and he held his hand up for the first. An international class goalkeeper should not be getting beaten at the near post. Popeye had a bad day all round.

Quote Originally Posted by bfcjon View Post
    This is getting stupid,...You just Know its going to happen...Time and time again we do it!!

I was hoping we might get something from this game,..But Alas NO,....We are still Naive ,And giving goals away, just before half time...
    So I Would imagine , We are now back where we belong ,...Bottom Half. !!..As long as Garlic is here ,..I Doubt we will improve?

I was hoping we might get something from this game,..But Alas NO,....We are still Naive ,And giving goals away, just before half time...
    So I Would imagine , We are now back where we belong ,...Bottom Half. !!..As long as Garlic is here ,..I Doubt we will improve?
    Thing is bfcjon, Mikey boy does not play on the pitch. We are weak down our right hand flank and Rigg and Dyche need to address that issue and fast!

odd how Burnley could flouder in some many areas at once.....and with Wood and Barnes both fluffing their chances - was an all-out flop, very unusual......so a lucky break for a mostly uninspiring lime and salt Palace....turns out we were just the tequila they needed !

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Popeye had a bad day all round.
    I can only remember possibly two goals that you could blame on Tom Heaton during all the time he was here, and he never had a bad day all round, or even close to one. Just saying like.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I can only remember possibly two goals that you could blame on Tom Heaton during all the time he was here, and he never had a bad day all round, or even close to one. Just saying like.
    I have not seen any replays yet sinkov, but Pope was definitely at fault for the first. I am unable to comment on the Pope/Heaton issue because I loved Tom and yet still think Pope is a good replacement. The reality for me is we should have moved heaven and earth to get shut of Hart and kept Tom, but we didn't, so we must move on?

It's just a 'talking point' as the TV pundits like to say BT, I'm not trying to knock Pope. I wasn't convinced that he was in the same league as Tom when we let him go, but to be fair to him he's been fine and this is the first time my fears about him have been realised. Anyone can make a mistake, have a bad game, and he's proved me wrong up to yesterday, so hopefully that was a blip and he'll continue to prove me wrong. We'll see.

First 9 games of the season we never conceded a goal in the five minutes before half time, but we have done in 4 of the last 6. Some underlying and growing problem with the team's mentality or just a statistical co-incidence ? Your guess is as good as mine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)