+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fire sale

Fire sale

6 games to go before our usual fire sale I can't wait to see see who we let go for peanuts and who or if what they get replaced with roll on,could these pillakers get some short term loans as a sweetner ?

Woodrow and Mowatt will attract bids , that said whilst Woodrow is a high end championship striker I'm not totally convinced about Mowatt .

Not saying he isn't a very decent player but at the top end of this league I ain't so sure .

Kenny Dougall seems out of favour, makes him another candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by Olias1 View Post
    Kenny Dougall seems out of favour, makes him another candidate.
    He’s 26 as well so you’d think they’d be desperate to sell him

Quote Originally Posted by DOOALI View Post
    6 games to go before our usual fire sale I can't wait to see see who we let go for peanuts and who or if what they get replaced with roll on,could these pillakers get some short term loans as a sweetner ?
    You said the same last January and we didn't sell anybody.

Quote Originally Posted by bill46 View Post
    Brad Potts

Bill

Last January we sold a key player in Brad Potts. He was a big part of the team, playing well and scoring goals. We also sold George Moncur to promotion rivals Luton and loaned art Lloyd Isgrove to another promotion rival in Portsmouth.

Fortunately for Conway and co we managed to get automatic promotion thanks to Daniel Stendel and his players despite those idiotic transfer dealings.

Going into last January we needed a striker as back up in case Woodrow or Moore got injured. We signed Miller but he was already agreed and contracted to play the season out at Bradford city on loan so it was a pointless signing regarding our situation and requirements at the time.

As you know Moore sustained a serious injury away at Gillingham which ruled him art for weeks. Stendel had to make do wi just Woodrow up front for the run in. Obviously we managed to get over the line but this board of directors made life unnecessarily difficult for no other reason than to make profit. Remember that Conway also promised a big signing to the fans away at Burnley in the FA cup game which was never forthcoming.

There is no reason to suggest why the likes of Woodrow or Mowatt will not be sold off in this January window. Its obvious that the owners prioritised profit in front of progress. I fully expect a couple of key departures this January and nothing of note coming in. When this happens I hope more of our supporters wake up and start to see what's really happening instead of being in denial.

Should the board actually strengthen the side this January it will only be 6 months too late.

Correct - we know the mentality of the owners and their lack of communication, player experience , loans, age AND profit lead approach - I posted the below on a different topic

Don't get me wrong, i am very unhappy now with our current owners including the silent James Cryne, but i don't begrudge them wanting to make some money from their investment. My biggest beef is to their stubborn approach to not wanting to loan a Danny Drinkwater or a Harvey Barnes type of player or sign a experienced proven quality player, Blackburn a classic example last week having Stewart Downing and Danny Graham coming off their bench, selling or not prepared to extend contracts to key players in or out of contract.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Bill

Last January we sold a key player in Brad Potts. He was a big part of the team, playing well and scoring goals. We also sold George Moncur to promotion rivals Luton and loaned art Lloyd Isgrove to another promotion rival in Portsmouth.

Fortunately for Conway and co we managed to get automatic promotion thanks to Daniel Stendel and his players despite those idiotic transfer dealings.

Going into last January we needed a striker as back up in case Woodrow or Moore got injured. We signed Miller but he was already agreed and contracted to play the season out at Bradford city on loan so it was a pointless signing regarding our situation and requirements at the time.

As you know Moore sustained a serious injury away at Gillingham which ruled him art for weeks. Stendel had to make do wi just Woodrow up front for the run in. Obviously we managed to get over the line but this board of directors made life unnecessarily difficult for no other reason than to make profit. Remember that Conway also promised a big signing to the fans away at Burnley in the FA cup game which was never forthcoming.

There is no reason to suggest why the likes of Woodrow or Mowatt will not be sold off in this January window. Its obvious that the owners prioritised profit in front of progress. I fully expect a couple of key departures this January and nothing of note coming in. When this happens I hope more of our supporters wake up and start to see what's really happening instead of being in denial.

Should the board actually strengthen the side this January it will only be 6 months too late.
    Nail hit on the head as ever Pass .

Quote Originally Posted by bill46 View Post
    Hya the owners can't do no wrong Bill where have you been ? missed your posts or have you realised what these owners are all about

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast