+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Finlay Armstrong

Finlay Armstrong

One of our first year scholars now arrived on loan at Clitheroe. Usually I'd say that if we're loaning them out to this level then they're being sucked into the Gawthorpe Black Hole, normally the loanees are 18 year olds, and if you're only good enough for this level at 18, then that's probably where your future lies.

But Finlay isn't 18, he's only 16, and just had a month at Padiham, now he's going up a level and really playing with the big boys. They don't play for fun at this level and at Clitheroe he'll be playing alongside Craig Stanley, 36 years old and a vastly experienced ex league player with Morecambe and Bristol Rovers amongst others. Finlay will learn more in a couple of months playing alongside Stanley than he would in a year playing with schoolkids at Barnfield. He's also coming into a very successful and rapidly improving Clitheroe team that just can't stop winning, Ossett United were pasted 6-1 in Finlay's first game yesterday, hopefully this will bring him on in leaps and bounds and his next loan spell will be at a much higher level. Good luck to the lad.

That's 100% consistent with a conversation I had with Andy Farrell a couple of weeks ago. The Gawthorpe coaching staff want to get the kids out on loan playing against blokes and not kids.

I expect half a dozen of them out in January.

I've seen him a few times now and this lad impresses me. He's only 16 years old, a long, long way to go, but he's exceptional for his age. I'd back him to make it in League football at some level, but who knows how good he might be. The last one I tipped for the top was Alex-Ray Harvey, last I heard of Alex-Ray he was at Stafford Rangers.

Finlay's gone back, the young Aussie keeper has gone back, we were down to just Mitch Graham, but Jayden Major made his Clitheroe debut last night up at Marske and we're back up to two. Apparently Jayden made quite an impression, but I haven't seen him myself yet.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)