+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pete Baylis, His life in Music, You Tube links, lifelong pies fan

Pete Baylis, His life in Music, You Tube links, lifelong pies fan

,Hi Guys found these videos on the net, Pete was a real character in Nottingham who i knew from the days of away games via Bill Reynolds supporters club coaches ,back in the 60s ,the away trains of Sirrels 70s, I didnt get to see him often as work took him around the world entertaining on cruise ships, But he could be found in his later years doing regular pub gigs in ther city centre. i last saw him 2 years ago ,and he wasn't very well getting around with a walking stick .
    Whilst on time out from entertaining he went to watch Weymouth Town FC play , it was there he spotted one Tony Agana, he was so impressed he contacted Sirrel then at Sheff Unitd, and tipped him off, the rests history.
    unfortunately last year this stalwart pie died , and these are his own tribute to his life
    worth watching and RIP Pete A Real Hardcore Fan .

hope this works i had to type the address links from my phone screen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhZ2B7JwQbA

https://youtu.be/OhZ2B7JwQba

https://youtu.be/zPcGXay6gwY
    Last edited by feeb; 01-12-2019 at 02:44 PM.

Thanks for the video, thoroughly enjoyable. I used to work in Regent Street in the late 80s and 90s and would sometimes go and have a drink at a pub near the Playhouse but for the life of me can’t remember the name. However I do remember seeing Pete performing on his piano there. His party piece was lying underneath it and playing perfectly. I did not realise that he was only a few years older than me and I also started education at Russell School in Wollaton village before they closed it and we moved to the brand new school at Fernwood Infants. I also went to Bilborough Grammar school as it converted into a sixth form college but unlike Pete I enjoyed my time there. A great character. RIP.

Thanks Gump for sorting those two Video clips out and re-posting them to play on a pc.
    Ive Just got round to watching this all the way through Myself,
    the second one, That hour plus long musical journey is a brilliant memento of the music scene in Nottingham for anyone who did the pubs from the sixties up to a year or two ago. music locals harry stevenson, wayne evans and colin staples, his pal Robert plant from Led Zepplin and his friendship with Notts co goalie mick leonard,
    Nice to see him 'wearing the shirt, flying the Flag for Notts County in many of his clips.

I seem to recollect a piano player in the meadow club after games that the Trews organised, was it this chap by any chance

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    I seem to recollect a piano player in the meadow club after games that the Trews organised, was it this chap by any chance
    Or was it Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    Or was it Hardy
    No, he dropped a clanger showing his pianist!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeekay56 View Post
    No, he dropped a clanger showing his pianist!
    Too right - he needs it Chopin off !

Quote Originally Posted by lunaspie View Post
    Too right - he needs it Chopin off !
    Nice to see that you not so low, that you wont take the piss out of someone who was a fellow notts fan whos died of osophogus cancer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast