+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: v Man United

Im over the moon. Not just the result because we could have won but the way we played. Ive said this before but my only worry is if Grealish gets injured. Although we have strength in depth now for example Konza coming in and looking superb. We a few more magicians like Grealish that can win a game when we have no right too.
    Maybe a cheeky bid for Bale in January. Ok maybe not realistic but we need a couple of players that could star in Harry Potter.
    The foundations are great though after being the 5 highest spenders in Europe this summer. Money well spent.

The boy Grealish is in a class of his own Bong, if Ronaldo had scored that goal it would be played again and again around the world.

Watch it back - he didn't even need to look up and a few Stretford Enders have praised the quality on social media, they want him! I hope we can find a way to keep him and I think we can but need a marquee signing.

McGinn's gone quiet lately - time for a rest and stick Lansbury in?

Being unrealistic has been the cornerstone of your VM existence.

Given that we seem to have most positions on the field covered with reasonable depth it will be interesting to see what the owners will cough up for a goal scorer. 40M ? More? Interesting transfer window coming up.

Very happy with the performance and the result. We’d all have taken that beforehand, nothing fortunate about any of it. Well played and well deserved.

Much of the talk from the Brum media/social media have been saying a winger is DS’s priority, just hope that’s a smoke screen and he is planning a striker. Maybe Bowen from Hull (as he’s a winger and striker) is an option.

Quote Originally Posted by ozfan View Post
    Being unrealistic has been the cornerstone of your VM existence.

Given that we seem to have most positions on the field covered with reasonable depth it will be interesting to see what the owners will cough up for a goal scorer. 40M ? More? Interesting transfer window coming up.
    Someone mentioned Delefuei from Watford. He is a mercurial talent and could be a great off the shoulder partner for Big Wes.

How much would he be? I'd say 20m at most

Quote Originally Posted by samhubball View Post
    Someone mentioned Delefuei from Watford. He is a mercurial talent and could be a great off the shoulder partner for Big Wes.

How much would he be? I'd say 20m at most
    Could we be even a little more ambitious than that? He's never been a 15-20 goal striker and his returns this season have been dismal so far albeit he's up front in a very poor Watford side. What about a cheeky bid for Aguero as his days under Pep are definitely numbered.

Thats not very realistic Oz but maybe a Brazilian partnership of Wez and Jesus is?

Jesus, Wes!

I like what you did there Dave.

On a serious note i think the ethos of the club is to get players between 22-24 years old. So if we spend big it will be on a huge tallent that we havent heard of.

Maybe....could we temp Norwich with a cheekie bid for Pukki? Having watched the highlights, Wes actually did quite well holding up and spreading the play but his one chance infront of goal looked like he was competing in the one legged race! I really would rest him, just play Koj. Hes an unknown in the prem and may link up well with Jack?
    Ps when is Davis back?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)