+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Burnley v Crystal Palace

Burnley v Crystal Palace

Well I am sat here at home waiting for a delivery which I have been promised will arrive this morning so I am kind of stuck in limbo. Are Burnley fans perpetually stuck in some kind of limbo? I must do something so here comes an early match preview. It worked for the Watford game so why not? I was going to begin that Watford preview by wondering why they have got a moose on their badge when they are called the Hornets. It transpires it is not a moose but a Hart because they are from Hertfordshire. Anyway Crystal Palace have a drawing of the famous Crystal Palace pavilion on their badge together with an eagle and they are actually called the Eagles. So there you have it and guess what they originally played in Claret & Blue colours which they copied from Aston Villa. A bit like us then but we kept the kit. My favourite Crystal Palace memory is from December 2001 when I was at Selhurst Park watching us win 2-1 with two goals from Ian Moore. Saturday sees Palace travelling outside London for the first time in over 3 months. They have had believe it or not 11 straight fixtures in the Capital. Their last away trip saw them grab a late winner in a 2-1 success at Old Trafford in August. Team news: Westwood is suspended for this match so who gets drafted into our midfield? Oh and my promised delivery has just arrived. As welcome as 3 more points will be on Saturday. COYC!

This is Drinkwater's big chance to resurrect his career. Hope he takes it and then hope Taylor clogs Zaha early doors!

Have you got inside information? He hasn't even made the squad recently when I assumed he was fit to do so.

This could be a big month for him assuming he wants to move from Chelsea.If he comes through with flying colours it may tempt Dyche to put in a bid.What would you think is a fair price?

I think he will make the bench. Hendrick will probably play centre midfield with Lennon on the right. He should get at least twenty minutes to shine.

I think we need to see how this develops before we start thinking about taking the hinges off the Dry Powder Room.

This is going to be a really hard game to get anything from..Palace are a good attacking side and have been unfortunate not to pick up many points against top sides in their last few games.. I can assure you they will be much a tougher opposition than our last two opponents.. A point for me will be okay,three would be fantastic.. UTC..KTF

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    This is going to be a really hard game to get anything from..Palace are a good attacking side and have been unfortunate not to pick up many points against top sides in their last few games.. I can assure you they will be much a tougher opposition than our last two opponents.. A point for me will be okay,three would be fantastic.. UTC..KTF
    Pretty much spot on is that Alf. I'd take the draw now.

Palace are without a win since they beat Wham 6 games ago - but had a good chance of getting something from their last game against a well below par Liverpool, and thats how a quality team can make a mediocre team like CP seem better than they are.

as long as our Cyborgs keep to their instructions - its a Win for Burnley, imo !

Do we think Drinkwater will start or be on the bench? Sadly it seems Gary Cahill will miss out on a Turf Moor return.

One thing is certain,we are going to miss Westwood.. Rather have had him play in this and then miss the a Citeh game ..Life's a bitch and then you die..

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    One thing is certain,we are going to miss Westwood.. Rather have had him play in this and then miss the a Citeh game ..Life's a bitch and then you die..
    I agree Alf. Westy has been one of Sean’s best signings. His face didn’t fit at Villa and he really has had a new lease of life at Turf Moor.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)