+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Playing against this Notts team

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    That's the dictionary Elite, used for all situations. Now try the managerial history page for Notts County FC in the past 3, 5 , 10 , 20 years. Whichever , you choose.
    Then compare them with almost any other team in the top 4 divisions of English football.

But remember it's the opposite of Top Trumps. The higher the number , the worse it is.

What about the stability the club offers? Or lack of! Keen on that are we?
    Stability is good when things are going well, but when things are going badly change is often the best option. I realise it doesn't guarantee an improvement, but neither does sticking with a loser like Ardley.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Stability is good when things are going well, but when things are going badly change is often the best option. I realise it doesn't guarantee an improvement, but neither does sticking with a loser like Ardley.
    It's almost like you've forgotten about the clubs frankly laughable hiring and firing managers every time things don't go well! How do you do that? Is love to blank some of it out.

You maybe correct about Ardley, but the culture at the club has to change and I am hopeful having heard from the level headed owners that it just might

It's almost like you've forgotten about the clubs frankly laughable hiring and firing managers every time things don't go well! How do you do that? Is love to blank some of it out.

You maybe correct about Ardley, but the culture at the club has to change and I am hopeful having heard from the level headed owners that it just might
    If I’d just taken over a business, and this is a concept with which Ardley seems quite familiar, I’d want the most important job to be filled with someone I’d appointed.

Wonder what the managers numbers are looking like? I’d say he probably hasn’t got as long as some people might think.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    100% correct.

We all love a settled side when it’s doing well and winning, but to make so few changes in the current run is very very strange.

He’s obviously signed a load of players he doesn’t rate, who’ll only get in the side when there’s injury and suspensions. And that doesn’t include the players he hasn’t signed who never get a look in. I hate to think what the atmosphere round the squad must be like.

It’s fine for all the diehards to squeal about ‘stability’. I hope they like their stability when there’s about 2000 of em down there.
    Very strange indeed BFP. Earlier in the season when we were winning a few, Ardley was tweaking the line up almost every game and folks were thinking "this is a bit odd Neal, leave them alone", but now the team look more lackadaisical and losing games, he does leave them alone, strange times.

So Laxton let me get this right. When we were winning games , the manager kept tweaking the line up and making changes, and we were winning yet the fans wanted him to stop making changes.

Now we aren't winning games and struggling in the past 5 games , and the manager has stopped making changes the fans want him to start?

Yup strange times indeed.

If results carry on like they have in past 5 and not like the 5 before that then he will be gone I'm sure. Reluctantly but probably inevitable.

So Laxton let me get this right. When we were winning games , the manager kept tweaking the line up and making changes, and we were winning yet the fans wanted him to stop making changes.

Now we aren't winning games and struggling in the past 5 games , and the manager has stopped making changes the fans want him to start?

Yup strange times indeed.

If results carry on like they have in past 5 and not like the 5 before that then he will be gone I'm sure. Reluctantly but probably inevitable.
    We were winning games but then Ardley started tweaking so we started to stop winning games and started to not win games, then he stopped tweaking so we stopped our start of winning games and started to not win games. If he starts to tweak again we might start to win again, unless he stop tweaking again, then we'll start to stop winning again. Clear enough?

Errrrrr yeah lol.
    Quality post.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234