+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Rubbing salt into the wound.

Rubbing salt into the wound.

Stephen Dobbie in today's papers saying,"I don't think the crowd have helped them." He goes on to say,"Fif**** minutes in with the score at 0-0 the fans started booing some of their players.We tried to take advantage of that and make them make mistakes,it definitely helped us."
    Four weeks ago Courier reporter Eric Nicolson said that the influence of Graham Dorrans was growing along with his fitness, its a game changer and United do not have a player with an eye for a pass like him but neither do a few top league sides.
    In his comment today he has slightly changed his tune.

They are getting worse rather than better.

Their title challenge is over.

Getting into the play-offs will be no foregone conclusion.

In the midfield Graham Dorrans' influence has waned alarmingly.

Kane Hemmings is currently a shadow of the striker Dundee fans remember from his first spell.

Booing during the game? I've never understood the logic in that one.As Dobbie illustrated, that has helped raise the performance of the opposition and arguably diminished the performance of the home team.

That last sentence from Nicolson and Dobbie's comments ring true to me,for almost all of my life the booing and screaming from the Derry has been a constant in games i have watched on the TV,the abuse i heard on the QOTS game posted on this board was par for the course but the one thing that stood out was the very young voice in the Derry berating his side .
    The young lad of course is only copying what he hears from the 40 somethings in the crowd who have endured almost a lifetime of misery following Dundee FC.It appears that most DFC fans want McPake sacked because they think they have the best squad in the Championship,booing them to phuck 15 minutes in with the score level gives me hope that perhaps the 2nd best squad in the Championship may just manage to finish above them.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Stephen Dobbie in today's papers saying,"I don't think the crowd have helped them." He goes on to say,"Fif**** minutes in with the score at 0-0 the fans started booing some of their players.We tried to take advantage of that and make them make mistakes,it definitely helped us."
    Four weeks ago Courier reporter Eric Nicolson said that the influence of Graham Dorrans was growing along with his fitness, its a game changer and United do not have a player with an eye for a pass like him but neither do a few top league sides.
    In his comment today he has slightly changed his tune.

They are getting worse rather than better.

Their title challenge is over.

Getting into the play-offs will be no foregone conclusion.

In the midfield Graham Dorrans' influence has waned alarmingly.

Kane Hemmings is currently a shadow of the striker Dundee fans remember from his first spell.

Booing during the game? I've never understood the logic in that one.As Dobbie illustrated, that has helped raise the performance of the opposition and arguably diminished the performance of the home team.

That last sentence from Nicolson and Dobbie's comments ring true to me,for almost all of my life the booing and screaming from the Derry has been a constant in games i have watched on the TV,the abuse i heard on the QOTS game posted on this board was par for the course but the one thing that stood out was the very young voice in the Derry berating his side .
    The young lad of course is only copying what he hears from the 40 somethings in the crowd who have endured almost a lifetime of misery following Dundee FC.It appears that most DFC fans want McPake sacked because they think they have the best squad in the Championship,booing them to phuck 15 minutes in with the score level gives me hope that perhaps the 2nd best squad in the Championship may just manage to finish above them.
    Post of the week and it's only Monday. FACT (on both counts)

League cup final 6th Dec 1980 - The Derry were booing from15 mins in - nearly 30 mins before they went behind. Mind you the rhumba was class

Cheers Stokie boy,your no a bad judge.

I agree entirely. Great OP

Point needs to be made though that some in GF lower are a bit negative about our own lads sometimes - we need to no do that!

There is one guy though in the QOS footage who can be heard the whole time -must be awful to be in there amongst the funsters 😂

Unfortunately, I'll be very surprised if McSnake is in charge for the next derby.

Barry Smith till the end of the season written all over it.

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    I agree entirely. Great OP

Point needs to be made though that some in GF lower are a bit negative about our own lads sometimes - we need to no do that!

There is one guy though in the QOS footage who can be heard the whole time -must be awful to be in there amongst the funsters ��
    I agree with you about criticism from the GF but the booing from the Derry has been rife for years,i don't just mean at HT and FT as Dobbie says it started 15 minutes in with the score at 0-0.They are calling for the manager's head but really what FN chance has he got when his players are getting booed with 75 minutes to go?.
    There is no doubt that a fan is entitled to boo the team off at the interval or full time and probably every player in Scotland has left the pitch to boos ringing in their ears when their team has under performed.If i went to Tannadice and booed players after 15 minutes i would fully expect supporters next to me to ask why i even bothered attending even in the GF.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    I agree with you about criticism from the GF but the booing from the Derry has been rife for years,i don't just mean at HT and FT as Dobbie says it started 15 minutes in with the score at 0-0.They are calling for the manager's head but really what FN chance has he got when his players are getting booed with 75 minutes to go?.
    There is no doubt that a fan is entitled to boo the team off at the interval or full time and probably every player in Scotland has left the pitch to boos ringing in their ears when their team has under performed.If i went to Tannadice and booed players after 15 minutes i would fully expect supporters next to me to ask why i even bothered attending even in the GF.
    Think you'll find with any team that's on a bad run you'll have a few idiots that'll stand and abuse players without any thought behind what they're actually saying...and I agree you do wonder why they even bother turning up...sure I seen something on here last month that the boy McMullan was getting abused from one your own and Donaldson from ICT said when he played for you that it was toxic at home games...but to be fair I don't think there's a club any place in the world that fans wouldn't be booing after losing a goal like we lost on Saturday straight after equalising

Quote Originally Posted by petermackie View Post
    Think you'll find with any team that's on a bad run you'll have a few idiots that'll stand and abuse players without any thought behind what they're actually saying...and I agree you do wonder why they even bother turning up...sure I seen something on here last month that the boy McMullan was getting abused from one your own and Donaldson from ICT said when he played for you that it was toxic at home games...but to be fair I don't think there's a club any place in the world that fans wouldn't be booing after losing a goal like we lost on Saturday straight after equalising
    Dobbie said the booing spurred them on from the 15th minute not the 92nd.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)