+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Dandies in Paris?

Dandies in Paris?

Looking like I might be spending a fair bit of time over in Paris with work for the next 8 months or so.

Wondering if anybody knew good places to go to watch scottish football, preferably with a Dons lean.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by hola_aberdeen View Post
    Looking like I might be spending a fair bit of time over in Paris with work for the next 8 months or so.

Wondering if anybody knew good places to go to watch scottish football, preferably with a Dons lean.

Cheers.
    I am sure Shep can accommoate your needs in The Pure Malt

My advice to you Hola would be to forget wasting your time watching Scottish fitba when abroad. If you need your Dons fix then by all means pop on here and discuss the topics of the day but don't bother finding a place that shows a game.

Firstly, these types of places are usually overpriced (sometimes with an 'Irish' moniker) and full of ex-pats. They are also liable to be filled by the putrid followers of Glasgow's gruesome twosome.

Either use time in Paris as a gateway to box off a few French grounds or adopt a suitable team and watch them. The only suitable team in Paris are Red Star.

Phuxachemin called it... 'The Pure Malt' is Dandy HQ in Paris. Say hello to 'Shep'.

http://www.thepuremalt.fr/

Cheers for the advice gents. Over there the next few weekends then afterwards only Mon-Fri.
    Will give the pure Malt a visit this side of christmas. Will also look into Red Star as have a loathing of PSG for some reason.

Thaks again

Heaps of teams round about

Amiens(watch oot for the fog) , Stade Reims, Red Star, FC Paris, Lens, Troyes, Auxerre all close.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Heaps of teams round about

Amiens(watch oot for the fog) , Stade Reims, Red Star, FC Paris, Lens, Troyes, Auxerre all close.
    FC Paris are fascists on a par with Lazio, der Hun, Chelsea etc

Lens, Auxerre and Amiens are over 100 miles and Reims just under 100. However, the time to reach many cities is reduced via the TGV (Ouigo is the budget TGV).

Certainly Troyes and the likes of Creteil are on your Parisian doorstep though.

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post
    FC Paris are fascists on a par with Lazio, der Hun, Chelsea etc

Lens, Auxerre and Amiens are over 100 miles and Reims just under 100. However, the time to reach many cities is reduced via the TGV (Ouigo is the budget TGV).

Certainly Troyes and the likes of Creteil are on your Parisian doorstep though.
    I was in Amiens on Wednesday. 100 miles isnt far on a train. I bussed it in an hour an 15(strikes)

Ive booked Reims v Nice for Feb and its 40 mins on a train

I go by the rule, if its two hours or under its doable