+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Macclesfield

Macclesfield

Around a 1,000 tickets already sold and another 600 available for the terrace. Looks like we're going to outnumber the home fans again! However, I have only seen us win once against Macc (In the Paint Pot) as we seem to be quite generous when we play them. Last season was a fine example of how we do against them. (Score 'the winner' in the 3rd or 4th minute of added time, only for Macc to go straight down the other end and equalise!) So, if we have any ambition to be automatically promoted ( or, dare I say it, be champions), we have to win games like this one.
    I'm going to stick my neck out and suggest we'll hold on this time 3-2.😲

That's if it is on. Macc players threatening to strike

They draw a lot of home matches, but we have been better away so it won’t be easy. Having said that, I think we should be better than them whether they have a first team turn up or they have to revert to loanees and kids as they did in the FA Cup. If they pay their players, 3-1 to the Alex, if not take your abacus!!

Artell seems to think the game might be off if Macc strike. Surely the game has to go ahead regardless. Anyone know any more?

Well they put out a team in the Cup because I think the FA said they'd be barred from next year's competition if they didn't, but Bolton postponed earlier this season - and have a suspended penalty for it I think (and for last game of last season too) - so i guess the EFL aren't as insistent?

Not quite sure on this it is because they do not have enough registered players. They cannot use youth players as they do not have an academy

It they played youth players against Kingstonian

I see Sol Campbell is involved in a winding up order on Macc for unpaid wages. Bit of a b*****d thing to do when you're as well off as he is. Winding up the club would ensure that those who really need it but haven't been paid will never get anything.
    I do support their players and staff but if we have to play a second string then we should take full advantage.

They can't play a second string. Cup rules are different to the league rules. Their youth players are not registered as players as it is not an academy but a development squad.
    I think the game will be called off and I can't see Macc lasting the season

I can see Macc being wound up, sadly, but the Bolton thing was rather different. On that occasion it was the club that refused to fulfil the fixture saying that their academy players were too physically immature to plat Saturday, Tuesday, Saturday, Tuesday over 3 or 4 consecutive weeks, ie putting player safety at risk. This is the players refusing to play. In my opinion Bolton were quite right to do what they did (they had no experienced older professionals, other than Luke Murphy and a couple more and were prevented by the EFL from signing any more), whereas it is within Macc’s control to pay their players and thus fulfil the fixture.

Regarding Sol Campbell. So, he’s wealthy, but that doesn’t alter the fact that he’s owed £180,000 by the club! They negotiated his contract and, against the odds and most people’s expectations, he kept them in the League. If it were 10 or 20 grand I might agree but why should he be expected to work for nothing?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast