Quote Originally Posted by AstonAlex View Post
I can see Macc being wound up, sadly, but the Bolton thing was rather different. On that occasion it was the club that refused to fulfil the fixture saying that their academy players were too physically immature to plat Saturday, Tuesday, Saturday, Tuesday over 3 or 4 consecutive weeks, ie putting player safety at risk. This is the players refusing to play. In my opinion Bolton were quite right to do what they did (they had no experienced older professionals, other than Luke Murphy and a couple more and were prevented by the EFL from signing any more), whereas it is within Macc’s control to pay their players and thus fulfil the fixture.

Regarding Sol Campbell. So, he’s wealthy, but that doesn’t alter the fact that he’s owed £180,000 by the club! They negotiated his contract and, against the odds and most people’s expectations, he kept them in the League. If it were 10 or 20 grand I might agree but why should he be expected to work for nothing?
The other Bolton game was not different - players unpaid and wouldn't play against Brentford last day last season - I think Brentford were awarded 3 points and a notional 3-0 win for that, and seems Crewe will ask for the same if Macc don't turn out a side.