+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Dons V huns

I’m not sure if I’m more surprised that we managed to get a draw after the first 30 minutes gubbing or at the fact that Gallagher actually scored.

Still 2-2 is not bad considering they have “better players” than us, a more tactically astute manager and we have a Chairman who loves Rangers.

Well I made it to FT - thuogh it was touch & go when that rat b@stard scored.

Full credit to the team for battling back but wtf was that first 30 minutes about? We simply never learn.

Both goals utterly preventable - really poor touch from Gallacher losing the ball for the first. Really poor pass from Vyner giving away possession for the second and big Joe has to do much better than that with what was a pretty tame effort from Harvey.

Just not good enough. Sat off again & let them pretty much do what they wanted. Its just not acceptable & cannot be allowed to continue.

We were lucky to get a goal to get back in it as we'd offered nothing up until then. Wilson did very well running through & setting up Gallacher & he took the goal very well actually - good finish from a tight angle.

Second half much more like it. Gallacher pushed up closer to Cosgrove and we pressed higher and quicker all over the park. Its exactly what you need to do as if you get in their faces it knocks them out of their rhythm as they are actually not that good if you dont let them play.

Gallacher may be very limited as a player, but his pace, energy & workrate pushing up & pressing in the second half made a massive difference.

Young Ferguson was imense. My MOTM. Never hid in the first half when plenty others seemed to be & tried to lead & drive the team on throughout.

Taylor also had a very good game for his first game back. He & McKenna kept Harvey well shackled throughout. Worth giving that pairing a run in my view.

We could have won it in the end - Cosgrove has to score that header - but I'll settle for a point after that first 30 minutes.

We desperately need proper midfielders to support Ferguson in games like this though. Leigh & Vyner did better than they did against Timothy (mainly because Sevco are not as good as Timothy) but they struggle in there against better palyers.

Leigh looked much more comfortable when he switched out to the left.

So well done to the players for digging it out. Lets just hope that finally some pennies have dropped & lessons have been learned about how to approach these games. Sadly I doubt it but we can live in hope...

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    It's not rugby min.

If the ball touches the goal line then is it a goal?

Within means within, whatever the poxy commentator says.

The whole of the ball has to cross the line for it to be a goal (or out of play for that matter)

I'm not saying that the whole player has to be in the box but at least the part of him that is fouled should have to be.
    You've actually answered the point yourself.
    The lines constitute part of the pitch and in this case the penalty box.
    The whole of the ball must cross the line to be considered a goal, as it is for the byeline and for the edge of the pitch.
    If any part of the ball is on the line (penalty box), its considered in the box.
    The players body (encroachment for penalties) must fully be outside the box (not touching the lines) when taking a pen.

Last night was on the line and technically a pen

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    You've actually answered the point yourself.
    The lines constitute part of the pitch and in this case the penalty box.
    The whole of the ball must cross the line to be considered a goal, as it is for the byeline and for the edge of the pitch.
    If any part of the ball is on the line (penalty box), its considered in the box.
    The players body (encroachment for penalties) must fully be outside the box (not touching the lines) when taking a pen.

Last night was on the line and technically a pen
    Except it wasnt as that mong faced Harvey cuunt was diving all over the place all night & this was just another example.

Could have easy stayed on his feet - cheating fuuck.

It wasnt even a free kick let alone a pen...

"The lines constitute part of the pitch and in this case the penalty box."

Or, in this case the rest of the pitch, definitely not INSIDE the penalty box.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    "The lines constitute part of the pitch and in this case the penalty box."

Or, in this case the rest of the pitch, definitely not INSIDE the penalty box.
    I recommend you go read the IFAB Rules of the Game 2019/20

The first 35 minutes onslaught was a direct result of our manager's tactics and formation. The goals lost were a direct result of the players making mistakes as we should expect as they are not as good as many at our clubs heroes. Hard to blame the players when they have this drummed into them from the one that should be building their confidence. When will he learn to stop shooting himself in the foot?

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post
    Except it wasnt as that mong faced Harvey cuunt was diving all over the place all night & this was just another example.

Sounds just like big Sam in most games.

[QUOTE=NaeMairNeeps;39376138]Well, dinna want tae crow .. but .... my score prediction was prob the maist accurate ... like Ah got the hun score right ... and wiz the only dude tae predict we'd get mair than 1

.... Re. the 'pen' .... nivver! ... and if Beaton really did apologise tae Gerrard ... then that confirms his hunnishness! ... cos .. ken? the rules o' the game state that should such an infringement (and, yes, it was an infringement) occur IN/WITHIN the penalty area, then a penalty kick wil be awarded.

In the BBC report, GetHard states 'it was on the line' ... and claims the ref apologised .... Errrrr ... apologised? ... fit for??? ...Ah saw the highlights ... it WAS on the line. Stevie min ... if yer readin?? ... Ah agree! ... but it means it WISNA in/within the penalty area ..... go read the rules ya fkn tuuat! ....

and well played Mr Beaton for tellin the scouse c*nt what he wanted tae hear ... thereby encouragin the c*nt tae rin eez mooth and mak an even bigger c*nt o' himsel than is already obvious tae the 'un-blind'.[/QUOTE
    According to the BBC report, the Rangers manager said that “John” will be very disappointed. They missed out “when he gets back to the Lodge tonight”

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post

I absolutely agree. Morelos was diving all over the place and the contact was insufficient to warrant him flailing himself to the ground.
    He had some crackers: -
    1) Throwing himself to the ground near the main stand and staying down about 2 minutes when there was no contact from Considine
    2) Backing into Taylor and then falling down when Taylor dropped off (again no contact)
    3) Dropping to the deck in the middle of the park then springing back up when he realised Kent had the ball and was driving forward

The point was the referee deemed it to be a foul (regardless ffs) and therefore the decision as to whether it should have been a pen or a free kick results on where the incident occured.

On the line, constitutes part of the penalty area and thus should have been a pen.
    I'll leave it there and if some have an issue understanding football rules in this instance then that's their issue. I've clarified it sufficiently in my opinion.

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast