+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How is it going?

****... as usual.

I agree that home form has been poor since the ground was redeveloped but I don't think the ground is the biggest issue.

The years before were mainly the Sirrel and Warnock eras - I'd say poorer management comes very much into play.

Whether we were playing at the old ground, or the 'new' one, both of those managers I think would have a better record.

Having said that, the new ground doesn't have the feel of the old one though and does have some impact on results.

Name:  Notts 27.JPG
Views: 168
Size:  56.0 KB

Can't wait till we get 2 scoreboards, then we can compare the points difference with 1 scoreboard,
    we should win twice as many with two?

But Ardley will say we can't win, because 2 scoreboards are putting the players off

Quote Originally Posted by 60YearsAPie View Post
    Name:  Notts 27.JPG
Views: 168
Size:  56.0 KB
    Still a significant difference. In addition 3 points for a win was only introduced in 1981 so your stats are a little flawed I think in that respect in terms of the number of points.In addition its worth noting that the number of points gained away from home is fairly static. The number of points gained at home has dropped a fair bit. Given that in the last 15 years or so it has been easier generally for away teams to pick up points I can understand our home form dropping a bit in that respect ( thats a general comment on football league clubs) but our away form is no better. However great work and thankyou
    Last edited by queenslandpie; 11-12-2019 at 03:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by macstop View Post
    Can't wait till we get 2 scoreboards, then we can compare the points difference with 1 scoreboard,
    we should win twice as many with two?

But Ardley will say we can't win, because 2 scoreboards are putting the players off
    I think you are wrong. He will say the 2 scoreboards need time to gel and then one will break.

Whether you look at points per game or percentages you get the same result that our home form since the new stadium has cost us approximately 6-7 pts per season. Whether that has had a significant impact on final league position per season is something worth checking. I can think of a few seasons where that would have made a difference, at both ends of the table.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    I think you are wrong. He will say the 2 scoreboards need time to gel and then one will break.
    That literally made me laugh out loud.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    That literally made me laugh out loud.
    He will no doubt put them on the bench, then they will switch on after 80 minutes

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123