+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How is it going?

How is it going?

Ive had a look at the table, and its not good. Im not surprised that its not going well as the Titanic cant avoid a smash even when it sees it coming. Cambridge are no better, we haven't had a shot on goal for two games, the hopelessness this team conjures up is amazing.

Its been like it since Sean Derry, yes him, I ended up thinking I could arrive at half time and miss nothing, or take a book with me till 10 minutes before the end. I considered a laptop so I could play poker on pokerstars. Why isnt pokerstars on the rankings anymore.? My ranking last year was 90%.

Anyway, life is about suffering, things rarely goes well. I don't go to Cambridge games anymore, the radio is fine. And if you ask why im here its because you are 11th, and Cambridge are a disaster. Its more than the football. If only life was as simple as that. Holidays can be a time of great stress and unhappiness, apart from the usual disasters of being fired, alcoholic, addicted, divorce, being broke, blah di blah...…..Here is an early Christmas present. I know its going to attract abuse, but so what. If it helps only one person. Im sure it will be more. Its a book called Zen a beginners guide by Ian Tuhovsky.

Laugh if you must, but at least look into it.
    Have a good one. Wasn't Christmas a Christian event?...…..once. O well.

Rog.

Watching Cambridge is like listening to a pack of rats being slowly tortured to death, while from time to time, a dying cow moaned. What are County like?, it cant be as good as that Shirley.

Aye up Frank,
    Same as last season I am afraid to say, tippy tappy from the back and then concede from the first cross that the opposition put in.
    I would rather be in Cambridges position than ours.
    Merry Xmas.

Quote Originally Posted by Psaw2 View Post
    Ive had a look at the table, and its not good. Im not surprised that its not going well as the Titanic cant avoid a smash even when it sees it coming. Cambridge are no better, we haven't had a shot on goal for two games, the hopelessness this team conjures up is amazing.

Its been like it since Sean Derry, yes him, I ended up thinking I could arrive at half time and miss nothing, or take a book with me till 10 minutes before the end. I considered a laptop so I could play poker on pokerstars. Why isnt pokerstars on the rankings anymore.? My ranking last year was 90%.

Anyway, life is about suffering, things rarely goes well. I don't go to Cambridge games anymore, the radio is fine. And if you ask why im here its because you are 11th, and Cambridge are a disaster. Its more than the football. If only life was as simple as that. Holidays can be a time of great stress and unhappiness, apart from the usual disasters of being fired, alcoholic, addicted, divorce, being broke, blah di blah...…..Here is an early Christmas present. I know its going to attract abuse, but so what. If it helps only one person. Im sure it will be more. Its a book called Zen a beginners guide by Ian Tuhovsky.

Laugh if you must, but at least look into it.
    Have a good one. Wasn't Christmas a Christian event?...…..once. O well.

Rog.

Watching Cambridge is like listening to a pack of rats being slowly tortured to death, while from time to time, a dying cow moaned. What are County like?, it cant be as good as that Shirley.
    How are our ex star defenders doing for you ?
    You must be awash with clean sheets . I bet its like a Chinese laundry over there in Cambridge.
    I'm more a Ying and Yang man myself as opposed to Zenism ...xx

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Aye up Frank,
    Same as last season I am afraid to say, tippy tappy from the back and then concede from the first cross that the opposition put in.
    I would rather be in Cambridges position than ours.
    Merry Xmas.
    There's so many crosses and shots coming at us, it's like being attacked in a Catholic church.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    How are our ex star defenders doing for you ?
    You must be awash with clean sheets . I bet its like a Chinese laundry over there in Cambridge.
    I'm more a Ying and Yang man myself as opposed to Zenism ...xx
    The weird thing is, I feel like we now have better players than Jones and Ward (and Duffy, Brisley, etc.) and yet we're fannying around in the division below.

My theory is that no matter what division we are in, we will struggle. Stick Notts in the Young Elizabethan League and we'll end up lower-mid-table, losing at home to teams like Pheasant Colts and Pegasus.

Its not that bad we are still within shouting distance of the play offs and only 2 clubs have lost less games than County
    Hardly like last season is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Kelton View Post
    Its not that bad we are still within shouting distance of the play offs and only 2 clubs have lost less games than County
    Hardly like last season is it?
    As a matter of interest, how many decades of dashed hopes have you endured with Notts so far? Slack expresses it perfectly. Trying to work out why it is that we nearly always manage to disappoint is like having an itch that you can't quite scratch.

Quote Originally Posted by 51Magpie View Post
    As a matter of interest, how many decades of dashed hopes have you endured with Notts so far? Slack expresses it perfectly. Trying to work out why it is that we nearly always manage to disappoint is like having an itch that you can't quite scratch.
    It is quite strange to see other clubs managing to get things right on and off the pitch, while we continue to struggle. Look at Wycombe, for example. Top of L1, and as far as I can tell they haven't had huge investment. And yes, Curtis Thompson is still starting most games for them.

They've stuck with their manager for years, so that could be part of the reason. But does anyone think that if Notts stuck with Ardley, we'd end up where Wycombe are? Or if Gareth Ainsworth became Notts manager, that he wouldn't suddenly become useless?

When we lost to Barrow, I felt like if we swapped players with them, somehow Barrow would still end up winning. They'd still be top of the league. I thought the same thing last year - if another team had our players, they wouldn't get relegated. Literally no other club could do what we did last season, starting as promotion favourites after spending big, only to end up relegated. It was peak Notts County.

I honestly have no way to explain why it is the way it is.
    Last edited by slack_pie; 03-12-2019 at 11:47 AM.

Ward has given two goals away recently. His ambling is a major concern. Jones played the first game of the season, was man of the match , and was then out with a broken foot till recently. Played a stinker and was instantly dropped.
    Slack pie makes some excellent points.

I have often wished I could spend a week wandering around United just listening and observing, around the training ground, boardroom, offices etc. United are a failure, I should make that point. And then do the same at a successful club, and compare the two.

I don't think comparing the two is the be all and end all, bad vibes are bad vibes, I pick up on stuff like that. With a bad situation, it will take me or any intuitive about ten seconds, and then be able to trace its source. And the person. United failing for a quarter of a century is not circumstance, its solid failure, attributal to something.

Identyfying it, then changing it is something else. County are in the same position, but much worse, you shouldn't be anywhere near non league. Changing a culture will produce huge resistance, bordering on psychological war, and It wont be amenable to reason.

The point slack pie makes is that it isn't up to how good the players or management are.

ITS SOMETHING ELSE.

Cambridge see themselves as a mentally healthy club, and they are in a childlike way. Real mental health is something on another planet, and not much research has been done on it. Which I have read.

I suspect that successful clubs have elements of proper mental health in their organisation, resulting in a winning club, on and off the pitch. If you are interested in real mental health there is a book written for the public called life and how to survive it by Robin Skynner and john cleese. Cleese is in it to highlight stuff.

Its an eye opener, and a shocker. Ralph Swinburn Jones of Six Mile Bottom, yes six mile bottom is a place, next too Stow Cum Quy.

Ha ha slack is right, how many times do we buy someone who's meant to be good and then he goes ****. Then he leaves and goes good again. We're doomed ha ha. Isn't there a curse on the ground?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast