+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sheff Utd Game Thread

Sheff Utd Game Thread

Late out of bed this morning, just checked the score. New it would be a tough game!

Got to try and find a stream now.

COMB!!!!

Found one, Jesus what a goal scramble! $hit the Cockatoo wants his breakfast, what a fecking noise!

Looks like we are pressing hard now.

As predicted, going to be a very tough game. Sheff Utd are a good side no doubt about it. Worryingly, Traore is our only threat at the moment, he has done OK but we need to spread it a bit more. Jota loks off the pace to me,

Fingers crossed.

They are all over us at the moment. Hangover from Thursday? If we don't give up another goal in the next 15 mins it will be a miracle.

Too predictable. All we've got is Traore. Need a couple of subs to try and change it up, even when we get a cross in the are dealing with it comfortably. If they get the next goal we are done for.

Quote Originally Posted by WOODLANDSWOLF View Post
    Too predictable. All we've got is Traore. Need a couple of subs to try and change it up, even when we get a cross in the are dealing with it comfortably. If they get the next goal we are done for.
    T1-1. Will take it now.

Lost the match stream. Talking to myself anyway. Just hope we hold on to the result.

COMB!!

I think we were still on the plane when they scored after about 60 seconds. Then about two minutes later they started their annoying time wasting tactics. As a game, it was one of the best that we have seen this season.

They are a well organised uncompromising side who committed 18 free kicks and accumulated at least five yellow cards. They will cause problems for a lot of teams in the Premiership with their work rate and physicality. They played some good football and tried hard to close us down at every opportunity. I thought we would tire after the exertions on Thursday, but we seemed to get stronger the longer the game went on.

Doherty again managed to get on the score sheet with a mirror image of the goal he scored in Portugal. Jimenez as always, worked
    tirelessly and Jota just keeps running and running.. He does need a goal to really start him off. Traore was again a box of tricks, causing chaos in the visitors defence. while delivering some telling crosses. The Blades only defence against him was to hack him down at every opportunity.

Despite the game just a few hours before, Nuno chose not to make any subs during the game, and the only change from Braga, Kilman did everything asked of him in his first Premier start.

A draw was in the end a fair result. It keeps us in contention and the unbeaten run continues.. West ham visit next Wednesday with a 7.30 ko. ()Woody please note.

Mr Coote, the referee made some strange decisions at times, and certainly had the home support up in arms. To me he was far too, fastidious and you start to forget that football is a contact sport. On numerous occasions Traore was much to strong for his opponent, but was repeatedly penalised for being to robust.

Abbo re your comment "Mr Coote, the referee made some strange decisions at times, and certainly had the home support up in arms. To me he was far too, fastidious and you start to forget that football is a contact sport. On numerous occasions Traore was much to strong for his opponent, but was repeatedly penalised for being to robust." I would say that was very diplomatically put !!

Is there a "Rotten Tomatoes" public rating system for referees??? (I assume you guys are MORE than familiar with what I'm talking about_. If not we should start one. This guy rates 5 RTs in my opinion.

Woody, re " $hit the Cockatoo wants his breakfast" ... that's a strange name for your cockatoo .....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)