+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Has Steve Bruce won over the fans?

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie1974 View Post
    He knows exactly what everyone means regards the 17th place quote,he just has to argue like a petulant spoilt child.Ashley could knock down St James Park and make us play on a local field and he would argue it was a good move.I dont know why people bother.
    How a so called Newcastle fan can champion a man that has overseen 2 relegations with his neglect is beyond me.A few of us blocked him because his views are guess what,the views of just about every mackem tramp out there,and that's what he is,100 percent Mackem.
    I don't think he is a Mackem, just a very strange individual...

He just likes to go against majority view, like his ridiculous conspiracy theories, he thinks it hives him an edge...

When and if we get a takeover with an owner we all like, then Wilf will no longer "go along with the club," he will find some bizarre reason to dislike the running if the club...it's what he does..

Find an alternative view...defend it despite evidence..rinse and repeat...

Nah he ain't a Mackem he just likes to wind up people by being contrary .

I wasn't the biggest fan of Benitez , especially the mass defending even against mediocre opposition . BUT he is about a million times the manager that Bruce is .
    The team are still adapting the Benitez system despite Bruce's half ar$ed input . We will surf the relegation zone all season and even if we go down I can see Bruce staying ... He is a total hoop licker with no ability , feeding off the Fat Kernt that owns us.

Best way is ifeveryone blocks him you know like he did to half the posters on here
    If he is blocked he doesn't get the debite he is looking for

Quote Originally Posted by usedtobeshearer View Post
    "You can say that all you want, it doesn't make it true!"

Bruce has us playing worse...more negative football no matter how much your agenda wishes to ignore this.

I wonder what all the Ashley appologisers will cling to when Bruce's record is not better than last season. ..
    I'll cross that bridge when it comes down to it.
    Unless you've got a crystal ball.
    I said almost any manager could've done what Rafa did with us and I stand by it.
    Rafa had us going backwards and had over 3 years to do it.
    He's nothing and was overpaid massively.
    The man was and is a mercenary of the highest order..

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    Just to explain (as if you didn't already know) it's an expression to indicate that Ashley has no ambition for Newcastle to succeed on the pitch. Of course he would like us to finish in the top 6 but he is making no reasonable effort to make this happen by making the club attractive to players and a manager good enough to have a chance of achieving this.

In essence he would be pleased with 17th every season because it achieves his personal aim which is to make money from the club - a different objective to every real supporter.
    What about most other teams in the premier league?

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie1974 View Post
    He knows exactly what everyone means regards the 17th place quote,he just has to argue like a petulant spoilt child.Ashley could knock down St James Park and make us play on a local field and he would argue it was a good move.I dont know why people bother.
    How a so called Newcastle fan can champion a man that has overseen 2 relegations with his neglect is beyond me.A few of us blocked him because his views are guess what,the views of just about every mackem tramp out there,and that's what he is,100 percent Mackem.
    I'm arguing my side as much as you argue your side.
    Just accept it as that.

Quote Originally Posted by usedtobeshearer View Post
    I don't think he is a Mackem, just a very strange individual...

He just likes to go against majority view, like his ridiculous conspiracy theories, he thinks it hives him an edge...

When and if we get a takeover with an owner we all like, then Wilf will no longer "go along with the club," he will find some bizarre reason to dislike the running if the club...it's what he does..

Find an alternative view...defend it despite evidence..rinse and repeat...
    It's not about going against majority view, it's about holding a set view on certain subjects, which happen to be the main subjects of hate Ashley and ridicule at every available turn, which take up a lot of the topics on the forum. I naturally do not follow that train of thought so instantly I'm contrary, obviously.

Now people championed a man who commanded a 6 million a season pay cheque and whined his way through his tenure and conned the fans into thinking he was something magical if only Ashley would allow him to spend more than he got but bemoaned everything and called his own squad relegation material, just about.

Then he leaves for his supposed amazing project when he apparently asked for a massive hike in his wages for having us finishing worse off.
    I'd argue if this was under a different owner, rafa wouldn't have been afforded that massiah like status.

Now Bruce gets the job and people just don;t like him in some cases, so won;t give him the licking's of a dog.
    I simply back him as I did with Rafa at first. He now requires some time to see what he can do.

That makes me a contrarian again.
    And so on and so on.
    So yeah, I will always end up arguing a different side when that's the mindset of people.

Just accept it because I'll stand by what I say. I won't hide.
    And if I get proved wrong in anything I say, I'll admit it.

Pretty simple really.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    Call him what you want. Head coach or whatever. He's manager of the team and coach among his coaches of the team/squad.
    I'm not interested in whether he buys houses and what not.
    I prefer to call him by his correct title Head Coach and he does not manage the team he coaches them as his title might suggest.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek57 View Post
    No, and not convinced he ever will. He is just a part of what is wrong with the club and worse still, he knew what he was coming into and has happily embraced it.
    This for me

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)