+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Has Steve Bruce won over the fans?

and it's a NO from me too

Absolutely not.Part of the regime which is cancerous for our beloved club.

No

He puts the cones out, collects the bibs and flack. Thats it.

Yes sir, no sir and pissses with the dik he is given.

I am not sure I like how he comes across either in victory and defeat.

Our defence was solid under Rafa. Still is thanks to Rafa's work, but the promise of more goals hasn't materialised - even with 80 million spent.

Ashley out.

Steve Bruce doesn't have to win me over. He's the manager and has been given the task of managing the squad. That's basically it. I accept it just as I accept any other manager.
    I may not like everything about whatever manager is in charge but none have to win me over.

If I think a manager is not doing a decent job of what he has then I'll be peed off.
    I was with many managers. The worst one being McClaren, because I didn't like his smug attitude when we got beat. The same went with Rafa. I hated his policy of holding onto a 1-0 or 2-1 defeat, which is backwards in the extreme.

Steve Bruce has a squad in transition. He has a squad that is trying to play his way whilst trying to slowly alter the Rafa mindset. It can't be easy and a third of a season is in no way a time to judge, good or bad or indifferent.

I accepted Rafa even though I absolutely hated a lot of his football.
    Steve Bruce has been hit and miss but one thing I see him doing is, never giving up on getting something out of a game, something I believe Rafa did on far too many occasions and it seemed to be all in the name of keeping a defensive solidarity or to put it plainer to keep some kind of goal difference bragging right, it seemed like.

Steve Bruce is a lot of things that I do like.

1. He's certainly experienced in all aspects of the game, including most scenarios with what he's had to work with.

2. He seems to be likeable and real down to earth.

3. He's a geordie and this is his club which means we all know he wants the best for it from his side of the coin.

I've enjoyed as much football under him in his short spell than I have under Rafa's premier stay with us and that's with the forwards misfiring.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    Steve Bruce doesn't have to win me over.
    So only Rafa had to win you over?

I totally agree with 14 of the 15 posts above (no. 14 is blocked on my account) but I can still imagine from Hughie's reply that it will be pro Bruce and anti Rafa. As if anyone needed to explain anyway.

Also, Bruce is not slowly altering the "Rafa mindset" - if anything, he trying to reverse back to it now as it seems to work the best.

Finally, like we all know, Bruce being a Geordie has little to do with this - when he was the Sunderland manager, did he not want the best for his team then?

No point in arguing, I know, but I had to.

When one of his posts was quoted a few weeks back saying Bruce needs time to get the squad to gel and change from Rafa's style of play and management I was able to read the sh́te,but it was interesting in a way as the same man saying this was the one blaming Rafa for the last relegation.Didnt afford Rafa time to change mindset and get the team to gel.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    Steve Bruce doesn't have to win me over. He's the manager and has been given the task of managing the squad. That's basically it. I accept it just as I accept any other manager.
    I may not like everything about whatever manager is in charge but none have to win me over.

If I think a manager is not doing a decent job of what he has then I'll be peed off.
    I was with many managers. The worst one being McClaren, because I didn't like his smug attitude when we got beat. The same went with Rafa. I hated his policy of holding onto a 1-0 or 2-1 defeat, which is backwards in the extreme.

Steve Bruce has a squad in transition. He has a squad that is trying to play his way whilst trying to slowly alter the Rafa mindset. It can't be easy and a third of a season is in no way a time to judge, good or bad or indifferent.

I accepted Rafa even though I absolutely hated a lot of his football.
    Steve Bruce has been hit and miss but one thing I see him doing is, never giving up on getting something out of a game, something I believe Rafa did on far too many occasions and it seemed to be all in the name of keeping a defensive solidarity or to put it plainer to keep some kind of goal difference bragging right, it seemed like.

Steve Bruce is a lot of things that I do like.

1. He's certainly experienced in all aspects of the game, including most scenarios with what he's had to work with.

2. He seems to be likeable and real down to earth.

3. He's a geordie and this is his club which means we all know he wants the best for it from his side of the coin.

I've enjoyed as much football under him in his short spell than I have under Rafa's premier stay with us and that's with the forwards misfiring.

Bruce is not The Manager he is a Coach and has he won me over No

As much as I want the team to do well but want Ashley out - Bruce is and was not a smart exchange for Rafa. It is about the ego of Ashley. Bruce would need to do something special not just finish 17th.

I cannot comment on him personally though Shearer is his mate so cannot be all bad at that level not just not our level.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)