+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Leeds fans saying our player should get a ban for cheating.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggiemadguern View Post
    PNE are a great old club with a great history. A founder member as are we. Supporters/fans who are People just like us, passionate. I like these sort of clubs over the big money bag clubs. Passion drives fans and fans are just people supporting a club of choice.
    I wouldn’t class their support as “passionate” by any stretch.

Their ground is always half empty.......they strike me as a club who time forgot.

PNE are a great old club with a great history. A founder member as are we. Supporters/fans who are People just like us, passionate. I like these sort of clubs over the big money bag clubs. Passion drives fans and fans are just people supporting a club of choice.

11 half thousand passionate fans in a 13,000 gate against a top 2 team ???

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny on the spot 1 View Post
    11 half thousand passionate fans in a 13,000 gate against a top 2 team ???
    Passion does not always come in numbers. If there was one PNE fan at the game, they may be as passionate about their club as you are of yours Jots.

With the two Manchester clubs, Liverpool, Burnley, Wigan and Blackpool all close by, perhaps, and not surprisingly, their fan base might be limited.

I’d love to see them back in the top flight. With us of course. Though I have to say, the Championship is an exciting league to be honest. The only draw to the Premier League is the money aspect.
    Last edited by Baggiemadguern; 04-12-2019 at 07:42 AM.

Passion does not always come in numbers. If there was one PNE fan at the game, they may be as passionate about their club as you are of yours Jots.

With the two Manchester clubs, Liverpool, Burnley, Wigan and Blackpool all close by, perhaps, and not surprisingly, their fan base might be limited.

I’d love to see them back in the top flight. With us of course. Though I have to say, the Championship is an exciting league to be honest. The only draw to the Premier League is the money aspect.
    Agree.
    Great history...great club. Love the tradition of the game. Passion correctly is not in numbers but in the heart of the individual....👌

Not a dive. His momentum provided that he fell over the keeper (who did not deliberately bring him down)
    I now don’t understand the rules fully enough to ascertain therefore whether it warranted a penalty.
    Question...had he not tripped over the keeper, would he have scored ?

I still look at the game from the rules point of view from 20 years ago......
    I struggle with what is a fair tackle nowadays.....ah well...

Leeds supporters are miffed they're no longer top of the table. Whatever happened at Deepdale may not have concerned them so much if their own players had a better chance to conversion rate. They also seem to have overlooked that our result puts more space between them and the chasing pack. Living free of charge in their collective head space since April 17th 1971. As Windsor Davies used to say: 'Oh dear, how sad, never mind'. Top of the table after taking three points from a side lucky to have finished the first half with a full compliment of players, never mind the second. There's lovely isn't it? COYB.
    Last edited by Albionic68; 04-12-2019 at 04:40 PM.

I was talking to an Albion supporting Sunday ref and he told me that he knew the ref who gave our pen, I think he said his name was Tommy Langford, and he is from Wednesbury and works for Sandwell Council, but he did not know if he supported us.

If true it is shocking after the viler Mariner Chelsea incident (which he still says is how he saw it the cheating scu m bag) that this is allowed to happen.

But, as long as it benefits us go for inept refs governing body.

On the note of refs that c??? Scott was referee of the Arsenal game on Thursday and it was unbelievable how many shirt pulling incidents he missed from bha players in the box.

Our refs and those that govern them are truly s hit and I wonder how many won't be picked again at euro 2020.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)