+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Leeds fans saying our player should get a ban for cheating.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4,814

    Leeds fans saying our player should get a ban for cheating.

    A couple of words in that sentence look right, Leeds and cheating, according to the late Gary Sprake

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    15,272
    You are Leeds.

    So.......F U C K RIGHT OFF!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,799
    Is this the same Leeds who roofe knocked one in with his hand last season and whose Bamford pretended to be hit in the face and got player sent off, but then got banned himself?

    This pen makes up for the disgrace of a decision that went against us when Semi was adjudged to have "fouled" the Charlton player recently.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5,447
    If it was The Albion that lost to that decision...I would be exceedingly disappointed with the decision with the ref and with the result....not to mention how late in the game it happened...
    But it happens all the time in most matches with many teams....
    I can also understand the Leeds talking about the terrible injustice because most football supporters have notoriously short memories.....

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,286

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by Dubbag View Post
    If it was The Albion that lost to that decision...I would be exceedingly disappointed with the decision with the ref and with the result....not to mention how late in the game it happened...
    But it happens all the time in most matches with many teams....
    I can also understand the Leeds talking about the terrible injustice because most football supporters have notoriously short memories.....

    Bang on the money Dubag. Anyone would feel hard done by by these decisions. If that happens on Jan 1st and Leeds get a 90th minute debatable and hotly disputed penalty, we would feel mightily aggrieved (hope it does not happen) and I am sure the Leeds fans will not be complaining. It is human nature.

    The whistle has gone and the points are awarded end of. I hope it is the end of. Guess the FA will be looking closely at it. And as we are not a big club, they will look mightily close is my guess.

    Anyway we won.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    13,473
    It wasn't a penalty but it wasn't a dive either, the lad overstretched and lost his balance, their goalkeeper rushing out made no contact with the player but from the refs view it looked like he had.
    Anyway they should have been down to 10 men early on when Peirera was scyjted down by Johnson who made no effort to play the ball. Didn't even get a card.
    Preston are just a typical championship side who rely on intimidation to get results.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,316
    Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    It wasn't a penalty but it wasn't a dive either, the lad overstretched and lost his balance, their goalkeeper rushing out made no contact with the player but from the refs view it looked like he had.
    Anyway they should have been down to 10 men early on when Peirera was scyjted down by Johnson who made no effort to play the ball. Didn't even get a card.
    Preston are just a typical championship side who rely on intimidation to get results.
    You are absolutely correct '55, it wasn't a penalty but neither was it a dive. As you said, Edwards overstretched and stumbled. As I've said in another thread 'swings and roundabouts'. After the Charlton penalty I said it will probably even itself out and within two games it has. As for the whinging Leeds fans, how can they be so deluded and biassed? As has already been said, the Roofe and Bamford incidents are good examples of their one eyed view of things.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    It wasn't a penalty but it wasn't a dive either, the lad overstretched and lost his balance, their goalkeeper rushing out made no contact with the player but from the refs view it looked like he had.
    Anyway they should have been down to 10 men early on when Peirera was scyjted down by Johnson who made no effort to play the ball. Didn't even get a card.
    Preston are just a typical championship side who rely on intimidation to get results.
    Agree 55 a dirty bunch of cloggers. Who fouled all game then pleaded to the ref they did nothing , they deserved what they got
    Sweet F**k All .

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    5,391
    It’s just a precursor to getting prepared for bottling it again 😬

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,286
    Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    It’s just a precursor to getting prepared for bottling it again 😬
    PNE are a great old club with a great history. A founder member as are we. Supporters/fans who are People just like us, passionate. I like these sort of clubs over the big money bag clubs. Passion drives fans and fans are just people supporting a club of choice.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    15,272
    Quote Originally Posted by Baggiemadguern View Post
    PNE are a great old club with a great history. A founder member as are we. Supporters/fans who are People just like us, passionate. I like these sort of clubs over the big money bag clubs. Passion drives fans and fans are just people supporting a club of choice.
    I wouldn’t class their support as “passionate” by any stretch.

    Their ground is always half empty.......they strike me as a club who time forgot.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Baggiemadguern View Post
    PNE are a great old club with a great history. A founder member as are we. Supporters/fans who are People just like us, passionate. I like these sort of clubs over the big money bag clubs. Passion drives fans and fans are just people supporting a club of choice.

    11 half thousand passionate fans in a 13,000 gate against a top 2 team ???

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,286
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny on the spot 1 View Post
    11 half thousand passionate fans in a 13,000 gate against a top 2 team ???
    Passion does not always come in numbers. If there was one PNE fan at the game, they may be as passionate about their club as you are of yours Jots.

    With the two Manchester clubs, Liverpool, Burnley, Wigan and Blackpool all close by, perhaps, and not surprisingly, their fan base might be limited.

    I’d love to see them back in the top flight. With us of course. Though I have to say, the Championship is an exciting league to be honest. The only draw to the Premier League is the money aspect.
    Last edited by Baggiemadguern; 04-12-2019 at 07:42 AM.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5,447
    Quote Originally Posted by Baggiemadguern View Post
    Passion does not always come in numbers. If there was one PNE fan at the game, they may be as passionate about their club as you are of yours Jots.

    With the two Manchester clubs, Liverpool, Burnley, Wigan and Blackpool all close by, perhaps, and not surprisingly, their fan base might be limited.

    I’d love to see them back in the top flight. With us of course. Though I have to say, the Championship is an exciting league to be honest. The only draw to the Premier League is the money aspect.
    Agree.
    Great history...great club. Love the tradition of the game. Passion correctly is not in numbers but in the heart of the individual....👌

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    9,900
    Not a dive. His momentum provided that he fell over the keeper (who did not deliberately bring him down)
    I now don’t understand the rules fully enough to ascertain therefore whether it warranted a penalty.
    Question...had he not tripped over the keeper, would he have scored ?

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5,447
    I still look at the game from the rules point of view from 20 years ago......
    I struggle with what is a fair tackle nowadays.....ah well...

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    8,649
    Leeds supporters are miffed they're no longer top of the table. Whatever happened at Deepdale may not have concerned them so much if their own players had a better chance to conversion rate. They also seem to have overlooked that our result puts more space between them and the chasing pack. Living free of charge in their collective head space since April 17th 1971. As Windsor Davies used to say: 'Oh dear, how sad, never mind'. Top of the table after taking three points from a side lucky to have finished the first half with a full compliment of players, never mind the second. There's lovely isn't it? COYB.
    Last edited by Albionic68; 04-12-2019 at 04:40 PM.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,799
    I was talking to an Albion supporting Sunday ref and he told me that he knew the ref who gave our pen, I think he said his name was Tommy Langford, and he is from Wednesbury and works for Sandwell Council, but he did not know if he supported us.

    If true it is shocking after the viler Mariner Chelsea incident (which he still says is how he saw it the cheating scu m bag) that this is allowed to happen.

    But, as long as it benefits us go for inept refs governing body.

    On the note of refs that c??? Scott was referee of the Arsenal game on Thursday and it was unbelievable how many shirt pulling incidents he missed from bha players in the box.

    Our refs and those that govern them are truly s hit and I wonder how many won't be picked again at euro 2020.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •