+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 42

Thread: Why MM Pi**es me off

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    317

    Why MM Pi**es me off

    Just spent 1/2 hour logged on trying to reply to a thread. Every time i tried to submit went to an ad and binned what i had typed. These are now realty taking the Pi$$

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    9,104
    I only ever use it with the Firefox Privacy mode on. Seems to block 'em.
    Last edited by mikemiller; 03-12-2019 at 03:50 PM.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by gazmadmiller View Post
    Just spent 1/2 hour logged on trying to reply to a thread. Every time i tried to submit went to an ad and binned what i had typed. These are now realty taking the Pi$$
    Yes does it to me also.

    What I do before pressing the post button is to select all my text and copy so it goes in the buffer.

    Then when I get thrown out I log back in and paste my info back in the reply.

    Works for me, but annoying.

    Not as annoying though as those that only contribute to the threads that arenít football.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,876
    Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Yes does it to me also.

    What I do before pressing the post button is to select all my text and copy so it goes in the buffer.

    Then when I get thrown out I log back in and paste my info back in the reply.

    Works for me, but annoying.

    Not as annoying though as those that only contribute to the threads that arenít football.
    I have the same problem. If I forget to copy the text I usually find that pressing the "back" button on my browser gets me the text back. Then I can copy the text, refresh the page etc.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    2,067
    Never had a problem with ads, never seen any.
    Thereís a delete thread icon, never used that either.
    On full site not the mobile one you get the option to restore auto content.
    You can also preview your post... just in case the spelling police 👮 are looking in...😂

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    20,019
    I have a blocker but twice this week the add appeared when I logged on and I had to refresh a few times before I could actually see any posts

  7. #7
    Yes a new ad has appeared thatís slipping past my ad blocker

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    13,421
    It's the FootyMad network and not really anything the MM mods can do about it. My gut feel is it may be on it's last legs.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    It's the FootyMad network and not really anything the MM mods can do about it. My gut feel is it may be on it's last legs.
    It’s called Crooks then?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    9,150
    Ad block has partly "sold its soul" to the ads industry by allowing ads for a limited period per log on for a fee
    With Ad block you may notice ads disappear after a while when your browser has been opened for a minute or so
    The icon showing how many ads are blocked which doesn't show immediately finally appears
    I think this is the "sell out" allowing ads for a minute or so
    I don't think it's exclusive to Footymad
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 03-12-2019 at 04:15 PM.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    5,552
    Maybe some people are having issues as a consequence of visiting other websites

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    20,019
    Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Maybe some people are having issues as a consequence of visiting other websites
    I only use this one with rare occasions on other footymad message boards.

    Don’t put me on that dirty old man list

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Maybe some people are having issues as a consequence of visiting other websites
    Yes, snowflakesRus

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    18,126
    Never ever seen an add

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    260
    Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    Never ever seen an add
    Same here - 👍

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    2,067
    Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    I only use this one with rare occasions on other footymad message boards.

    Don’t put me on that dirty old man list
    Which dirty old man list are we talking about ?....😁

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    4,746
    I use ******* Plus for Windows. Never see an ad.

    ad block

  18. #18
    Folks seeing different problems, some do, some don’t, is probably down to some using Apple based products whilst others aren’t

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,514
    Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    It's the FootyMad network and not really anything the MM mods can do about it. My gut feel is it may be on it's last legs.
    FootyMad on its last legs?

  20. #20
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    18,126
    Best get Exeter to set up a stand by site, just in case.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •