+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: McNeal wasted talent

McNeal wasted talent

I feel sorry for the lad, as far as I can see talent being wasted.. playing behind park the bus tactics, tracking back and being played inside, defending for 90% of the game, chasing scraps

To be honest he should leave and join a team that will play him as a winger wide on the left, his delivery is world class but due to all the above only gets to get 1 or 2 crosses a game.. He is great on the ball, just cant get in the game as Dyche has gone full long ball mode to woods for the last 3 games, it is such a waste, make me feel bad for the lad.

Phook me.. Another doom and gloom mechant,to join the rest of us..lol

I do agree though..

The darkness board seems to have disappeared for the tine being..

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Phook me.. Another doom and gloom mechant,to join the rest of us..lol

I do agree though..

The darkness board seems to have disappeared for the tine being..
    Its not really doom and gloom, Play Brady then as anyone can track back and stay in our own half. Looks like his development is not beneficial at Burnley, as Dyche just wants a defensive version of any position, with long ball tactics.. so just sell him and let him play football.

I make you right, Its the Dyche way unfortunately Darkness, Boyd was an exiting player for Posh, Dyche turned him into a more defensive minded midfielder who turned into a work horse, same with Lennon who is supposed to be a winger yet he's like a headless chicken running all over the place except down the wing attacking players.

A Samaritans helpline will be open and available immediately after we get royally stuffed at Spurs on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    A Samaritans helpline will be open and available immediately after we get royally stuffed at Spurs on Saturday.
    Come on BT. I haven’t even written the match preview for the Spurs game yet and you are putting me on the brink. Who are you planning to get to man the phone lines. The Suicide Squad?

It's all valuable experience for McNeil, there's far more to playing as a winger in the modern game than just fancy dan stuff out wide. He could go to a bigger club and end up sitting on the bench for most of the season, it's happened to many players before, which would slow his development more than a bit of hard graft in a mediocre Burnley team will.

Quote Originally Posted by FromTheDarkness View Post
    I feel sorry for the lad, as far as I can see talent being wasted.. playing behind park the bus tactics, tracking back and being played inside, defending for 90% of the game, chasing scraps

To be honest he should leave and join a team that will play him as a winger wide on the left, his delivery is world class but due to all the above only gets to get 1 or 2 crosses a game.. He is great on the ball, just cant get in the game as Dyche has gone full long ball mode to woods for the last 3 games, it is such a waste, make me feel bad for the lad.
    Tracking back - watched a different game to me never helped Peters once.

I do sympathise with him with our tactics though , but let’s be honest last night was an exhibition.

I get frustrated watching sometimes as I think against them just have a go , but it’s a hard game without the ball,.

I’ve played in cup ties occasionally where your just playing better footballers,

The gulf last night was massive for alll to see Jesus goal was worthy of winning the game on its own.

Sometimes we just have to accept we are miles apart and it comes back to money our whole team for the price of one player on their team.

Let’s just accept brilliance.

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    Come on BT. I haven’t even written the match preview for the Spurs game yet and you are putting me on the brink. Who are you planning to get to man the phone lines. The Suicide Squad?
    Apologies outwood, I did not mean to steal your thunder. We might be OK because Spurs only have two truly world class players, where Citeh have about 35!

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    Tracking back - watched a different game to me never helped Peters once.

I do sympathise with him with our tactics though , but let’s be honest last night was an exhibition.

I get frustrated watching sometimes as I think against them just have a go , but it’s a hard game without the ball,.

I’ve played in cup ties occasionally where your just playing better footballers,

The gulf last night was massive for all to see Jesus goal was worthy of winning the game on its own.

Sometimes we just have to accept we are miles apart and it comes back to money our whole team for the price of one player on their team.

Let’s just accept brilliance.
    They where Brilliant, they are as you say a wealthy club. You are right... you are right about the class difference, I also have football experience.
    But this Burnley team used to mix it up with the likes of Liverpool, we caused quite a few cup upsets, we beat Tottenham last year.. so I dont agree to setting up with a back 5, playing wingers so far into the middle they looked like CM's, playing to two CDMS' and hoof and hope tactic to the tall lad with no support.. all we did was allow wave after wave of attacks hoof the ball up and allow them to build momentum again.. it was terrible.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)