+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Mistakes and Judgement

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    There is No amusement supporting Burnley at the moment Norder (as well you know).

Yes its good having different opinions, IMO I'm with Darkness, we set up before K.O. with no intent, we began the game with No intent and we finished with no intent.

I can see an argument of "time for Sean to go as he obviously has no idea how we should be approaching games" but for me its clutching at straws as it was obvious we did not want to try and win the game at any point, and its also fine for folk to say we would have lost anyway because they are a Billionaire Club with talent, but we will never know now will we, but we've competed with the top Clubs before and got better results, yet had obviously surrendered in training the day before this one, which is sad and unfair for Claret fans.
    Personally the Dyche should go is not for me, not yet... Dyche has done a lot for us.. he has turned many a Championship player into a Premier league player, he has made many turds shine in all honesty as literally every player that has left Burnley has gone worst (I cant think of one that has been a success)
    I think Dyche is fantastic at getting players to want to play for him, his man management skills are fantastic.
    I think his tactics are tied to the ability of the squad and he see that the only way to compete is the defensive way, but we all knew 2/3 seasons ago that we are slogging the same race horses, and how many time can you do that before it throws you off?
    The tactics and way we play are link to lack of investment, this is a board issue
    That being said, I do find it is a complete disregard to fans if a team is setup with a acceptance to loose but limit the damage.
    We all knew we would loose, and no one would be surprised of this.. so why didnt we has a go..All I expect to see is effort, we are always the underdog... but I want to see fight, big balls a attitude, effort...

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    Problem is Norder that I sit and talk to people every week who are now of the opinion we deserve - should be beating - competing with teams such as City( my own father included sometimes). , I’m going to stick with staying a realist and say we’re not.at this moment in time.
    I’ve said I think we could have done slightly better with a full compliment of players but I’m still honest enough to know they are a different league to us.
    I appreciate what you saying - Army.....but I can only repeat what we know, if we try to be open and match the majority of PL teams speed/skill/creativity etc.....then we're screwed, being why many of us think it time we moved up a gear - But as of now - it's defend and boot it upfield, with a freekick/cross/corner set piece blah blah to bring in the points, same repetitive routine....with added tricks, like crowding the keeper etc -of course, Burnley are hardly likely to boss many a PL team off the park - But, with quality in goal and a top end defence making it difficult for them - even if We're played off the park - we stay switched on, no mistakes - then your Dads right, the potentials there for a draw, lose but lightly...or perhaps, to even beat the best of them....we've all seen it happen.....so why ever throw in the towel - and tuesday night, we play a bunch of young blokes attached to a big name, who've not been performing, who've shown obvious weakness - and all we need do - is what we always do - but. what did we do...... .

Last edited by Norder; 06-12-2019 at 10:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Norder View Post
    I appreciate what you saying - Army.....but I can only repeat what we know, if we try to be open and match the majority of PL teams speed/skill/creativity etc.....then we're screwed, being why many of us think it time we moved up a gear - But as of now - it's defend and boot it upfield, with a freekick/cross/corner set piece blah blah to bring in the points, same repetitive routine....with added tricks, like crowding the keeper etc -of course, Burnley are hardly likely to boss many a PL team off the park - But, with quality in goal and a top end defence making it difficult for them - even if We're played off the park - we stay switched on, no mistakes - then your Dads right, the potentials there for a draw, lose but lightly...or perhaps, to even beat the best of them....we've all seen it happen.....so why ever throw in the towel - and tuesday night, we play a bunch of young blokes attached to a big name, who've not been performing, who've shown obvious weakness - and all we need do - is what we always do - but. what did we do...... .

And today Norder ?

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    And today Norder ?
    It's Saturday ???

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)